The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is There A Magician In the House?

Is There A Magician In the House?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Been there done that for 7 years. Putin 1, Trump 0. Gold medals to team Russia.
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 10:27:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"If we thought that moving children from Manus Island and Nauru to Australia could be done without putting the successful refugee policy at risk, we are sadly mistaken. This is the crack of light in the policy that the people smugglers and their fellow travellers who want to swamp Australia with irregular refugees have been waiting for. It is as clear a message as you could want or imagine that if you can get anywhere near Australia and be sent to Manus or Nauru, all you need is patience and eventually you will be on your way to Australia or the United States. It is a direct failure of the Morrison government to uphold the refugee policy and we will soon see the result". (Neil Brown, 'The Spectator', 9/11/18).
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 9 November 2018 2:35:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would take notice of what Neil Brown writes.
He's one of the best politicians that the
Liberal Party ever had - who came so close to reaching
the top job. He was in my electorate until he resigned.
And then we got Kevin Andrews. No more needs to be said.
But Neil Brown - fantastic bloke!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 9 November 2018 2:59:12 PM
Is there a magician that might help me to write high-quality custom essay by Monday? I thought I could do it myself, and even found a few useful tips on this qualityessay.com blog. But I don't think I have time for it. I still have to catch up on other subjects. Essay writing requires a lot of efforts and time.
Posted by olivia13, Friday, 9 November 2018 5:45:31 PM
Hi Olivia
If banks and super funds are dodgy who can blame you?
Here you are:
Customs and quarantine - Australia.gov.au
https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/...and.../customs-and-quarantine
No information is available for this page.
Learn why
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 9 November 2018 6:14:20 PM
I wish (vain hope) that contributors here would distinguish between:

*. immigrants, most of whom are either part of family reunion programs or are intent on working;

*. legitimate refugees, those who are part of the annual quota, and any special intakes such as Yazidis, Mandeans, Druse, etc.;

*. illegal 'immigrants' or 'refugees', mostly having come through Indonesia.

In terms of legality, I have no problems with the first two categories. Illegal entrants should be funded back to their place of embarkation (mainly Indonesia), and shown how to fill out the standard refugee application forms, with no penalty. Given the 68 million refugees world-wide, there is surely a back-log of refugees who have taken all the right steps, and waited, usually for years. Of course, economic 'refugees' can either settle back in their home-countries, or apply for entry as refugees if they can somehow meet the criteria. And wait their turn, like other legitimate applicants.

We have a refugee quota, and I'm sure that the relevant authorities are aware of the difference between refugees and immigrants. Perhaps the key difference is that immigrants WANT to come to Australia, usually to work and to build lives for themselves here, i.e. to contribute to Australia as their new permanent home-country - while refugees are fleeing their home countries in fear of death or persecution, and very likely would rather not leave at all, but stay in their home-country. In that sense, if they are part of the annual quota, they are less willing to take the steps to learn the language, get appropriately educated and look for work, since they would rather be 'home', and very likely intend to return if or when it is possible to do so safely. In the meantime, many if not most struggle to be able to work and contribute.

Not all newcomers are refugees. Not all refugees are Muslim. Not all Muslims are terrorists.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 10 November 2018 12:52:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy