The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Disabled parking permits

Disabled parking permits

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
To the threads author thank you we tried
Hope you understand in every pond there will be mud
Come back
But as the thread has become a point proving one aimed at verbally trouncing those who have other opinions it is time to leave
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 4:39:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Other opinions".

The so called poster had NO opinions. She was just looking for sympathy and a good whinge.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 7:47:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALTRAV,

The internet doesn't just offer opportunities for
self glorification and praise or abuse, you know.
It also offers opportunities to learn.
Hence my link to you.
I thought it may be useful. (An occupational habit -
in providing information). The rest was up to you.

But of course minds are like parachutes - they only
function when they are open
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 9:27:51 AM
Thanks Foxy, one way of avoiding insulting is to do as I said in my last post.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 4:50:40 PM
Dear Belly,

Thank You for the advice.

Will do.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 6:15:19 PM
To the author, please pay no attention to those people who are too gutless to tell you the truth.
By telling you the truth, will save you a lot of pain and anguish based on false hopes.
By these people 'being nice' to you, are in fact only upsetting you further, because they are encouraging you to believe that what you seek is possible, when on the face of it, and by your own admission, it is not.
Now the fact that you do not accept the 'decision of the umpire', is of your doing and opinion.
So unless you want to force a legal and political showdown to get your way, it is quite clear to everyone that the rules state clearly that an ACROD is specifically designed for the use of someone with 'physical' disabilities, or more precisely, lower body, dissability .
Never mind the example given, it was a very irresponsible attempted at giving you a false hope.
The situations surrounding the example in question are not the same as yours, and even then I doubt you could succeed, because the terms of reference are very clear, ie; if the applicant is not physically impaired so as to suffer pain from walking further than a prescribed distance, they are NOT eligible for an ACROD permit.
Now, if you feel you or your daughter are being aggrieved, may I offer a word of advice.
If you are able to convince the department that your daughter cannot walk any further than a few steps before she starts to feel pain, you may stand a chance.
Trying to go the way of lobbying and writing letters and so on is just a waste of time.
On the other hand finding a way to comply with the terms of reference will get immediate action.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 7:56:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy