The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Enjoying Trump's presidency.

Enjoying Trump's presidency.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 44
  9. 45
  10. 46
  11. All
Donald J. Trump is a walking, talking, distraction.
He's certainly a sideshow. A caricature of himself, a
parody doing a parody. Simplicity drives his agenda.
Build a wall, shift an embassy, levy a tariff and cut
corporate tax. Simplicity is his antidote to a complex
world. The simple mantras of the campaign have become the
simple mantras of the Presidency.

The Trump world is a zero-sum world of winners and losers
(as it was for Charles Ponzi).

As for Ivanka Trump's promotion to UN Ambassador?
It's not going to happen. It's against the Anti-
Nepotism laws which came into effect I believe in
1967 - after JFK appointed his brother Robert Kennedy
to Attorney-General.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 11 October 2018 11:02:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner! great just as we said and you come along and confirm it thanks bloke ROTFL
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 11 October 2018 11:05:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

As President Trump has leveraged the decisions of
previous administrators and the Federal Reserve
to claim credit for the strong economy. When most
know the economic cycle is too uncertain to be
credited. Yet Trump will accept the credit as not
other President would. He's a man who borrows from
the legacy of others. Simplicity drives his agenda.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 11 October 2018 11:12:11 AM
Oh Foxy, envy is not good for you.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 October 2018 11:22:13 AM
Dear Cossomby,

You wrote;

“He didn't say or imply that it was 'nothing to do with nepotism', but that he'd be accused of nepotism. For once he is correct: he would be accused of nepotism because it would be nepotism.”

No he said the exact words “It's nothing to do with nepotism” and here is the video of them coming out of his mouth.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ivanka-trump-nikki-haley-nepotism-un-ambassador-us-donald-replace-2020-a8576526.html

That's what makes this so bloody delicious. I am a bit of a Python fan and to have Trump deliver skit after skit of thoroughly absurd material almost on a daily basis is a treat.

As to the Australian not reporting it, when right wing media constantly fall over themselves to try and nullify Trump's absurdities it shows even they get what a buffoon he is.

Pure gold.

And runner's efforts here just add to it. I used to flick over his post but now I get a kick out of seeing what diversion or absolution he offers us on Trump's shenanigans. I love it when he resorts to the “fake news” mantra even though yet again we have video of Trump being Trump.

“It's nothing to do with nepotism”

Delightful.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 11 October 2018 11:54:37 AM
Thanks Steele, I don't usually trust The Australian, so I should have checked further. Anyway I am happy to retract my comment that Trump actually got one thing correct! Of course, appointing Ivanka would have everything to do with nepotism.

My theory as to why so many Americans love Trump is that they really miss being a monarchy and having a royal family. When they revolted against Britain, they could have set up their own monarchy, but the tenor of the times was republicanism (perhaps if the America had been colonised by Europe a few hundred years earlier?)

Past presidential families have been adulated like royal families, with speculation about potential dynasties. But Trump and his family are the closest yet, because he acts like a king, though a mad one. Of course, if you're going to have a fake king, the madder, the better! Perhaps he is the equivalent of George III, who beat Napoleon but, ironically, lost the Americas. He was highly popular but a target of satire, and went mad in his 70s. Still, his grand-daughter was Queen Victoria, so maybe there's hope for Ivanka yet.
Posted by Cossomby, Thursday, 11 October 2018 12:16:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 44
  9. 45
  10. 46
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy