The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Enjoying Trump's presidency.

Enjoying Trump's presidency.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 44
  8. 45
  9. 46
  10. All
Okay, I'm going to admit a guilty secret, I am thoroughly enjoying Trump's presidency at the moment. Of course it helps that as an Aussie I am somewhat removed from the pantomime, in the cheap seats so to speak, but even so it is great theatre.

Just today Trump has said there is “no one more competent in the world” to take over from Nikki Haley as the US ambassador to the UN than his daughter Ivanka. He went on to say “It's nothing to do with nepotism”.

What an absolute riot.

The icing on the cake for me of course is how Australian supporters of Trump tie themselves into knots attempting to explain this all away.

Great time to be alive.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 10 October 2018 10:48:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When Melania was asked by The New York Times what her role would be if Donald Trump were to become President, she replied: "I would be very traditional, like Betty Ford or Jackie Kennedy." Donald says she's dynamite and with Ivanka would hack into the Chinese .
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 11 October 2018 10:08:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR same here same reasons,as well the curtain America has hidden its racism behind will no longer close.
Its demand world trade should only benefit it gets high marks.
And the very shallow uninformed supporters who, while not truly understanding what Trump is love him!
Any day now we can expect to see America trash north Korea in a one day war, in a B grade movie, in that country that has its self become a B grade movie
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 11 October 2018 10:45:35 AM
Nepotism - the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs (Oxford Dictionary).

What Trump actually said is this, at least as reported by The Australian:

'Mr Trump ruled out speculation that his daughter Ivanka would be a candidate. He said she would be “dynamite” in the position and he wasn’t sure “there is anybody more competent in the world”. “That doesn’t mean I’d pick her ... I would then be accused of nepotism,’’ he said.'

He didn't say or imply that it was 'nothing to do with nepotism', but that he'd be accused of nepotism. For once he is correct: he would be accused of nepotism because it would be nepotism.

However I doubt he really thinks there is no-one in the world more competent than Ivanka. Surely he thinks He is more competent, what with that very, very large brain that the Chinese respect so much (when they aren't ROLFing).
Posted by Cossomby, Thursday, 11 October 2018 10:51:53 AM
Sorry, ROFLing (and probably LOLing as well).
Posted by Cossomby, Thursday, 11 October 2018 10:55:08 AM
Yep even someone with as many flaws as Trump has shown how incompetent Obama was and Hilary would of been. The fake news outlets can only display contempt because time after time they have egg all over their faces. Kinda like the masses who said Abbott could not stop the boats. Funny how the regressives just dig in more and more despite having their failed dogmas fully exposed. I doubt whether Trumps wife could do the job but heh look at some of the women in the labour and liberal parties not to mention the greens. Could you imagine Hanson Young in charge of the economy or environment.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 October 2018 10:58:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 44
  8. 45
  9. 46
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy