The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should the Sydney Opera House be Used as a Billboard

Should the Sydney Opera House be Used as a Billboard

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. All
God aren't the Kulture krowd precious.

We throw millions at their rubbish, which very few are interested in, then they complain when something many are interested in is flashed up on the greatest symbol of waste & extravagance in Australia.

I have no interest is opera or horse racing, but I do find it telling just which bunch are bleating the loudest.

When the opera house earns its keep, then it won't need to be used as a bill board, however, while it is a massive loss generator it should be used for anything that will take some of the cost off the public.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 10 October 2018 11:13:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Canem Malum

"Is Mise- Thank you for the clarification about Same Sex Marriage."

Happy to oblige; the pedanticist in me notches onto these things, with glee I might add.

Steele,

That'd be correct.

Paul,

Truth will out.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 10 October 2018 11:24:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

Too right. You would have thought these places should be able to stand on their own without siphoning off taxpayer's dollars.

Just saw another $25 million wander off to the petrol heads up in Bathurst.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/supercars-apex-circuit-design-wins-tender-to-design-second-circuit-on-mount-panorama/news-story/aca18cabded1158427eaf1e0df520df7

Seems they constantly have their money grubbing mitts into the pockets of the poor old tax payer.

Time to put a stop to the bloody lot in my book.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 10 October 2018 12:58:06 PM
Found an absolute Steelie. Certainly a fail at any uni. Surprised u found incest gross!
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 10 October 2018 2:20:51 PM
Here you go - here's the worth of the Sydney Opera House -
done a few years back. It's probably worth even more
today - and it explains why it's more than worth supporting:

http://www2.deloitte.com/au/en/pages/media-releases/articles/sydney-opera-house-worth-australia-171013.html
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 10 October 2018 2:39:07 PM
Opera TAB will draw the big money from China and boost turnover.
NSw Racing REVENUE $ 17,622,575 (2017). 18,496,372 (2016).
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 10 October 2018 2:50:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...