The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should the Sydney Opera House be Used as a Billboard

Should the Sydney Opera House be Used as a Billboard

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. All
To SteeleRedux through the chair- Some good points there but I don't expect there will be many things we would agree about.
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 6:08:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When the president takes control his portrait is to be permanently displayed . It is Opera House tradition from 2018 . Also on all the Bridge pylons and North Head of the Harbour.
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 8:39:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
but let's not forget the international embarrassment it became, when only a few short months ago it was festooned in rainbow colours, celebrating gay marriage.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OXzGdS8B8Gk

Give me a celebration of a horse race any day. The hypocrisy of protestors is farcical.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 8:54:39 PM
Dear diver dan,

That of course is your opinion and you are welcome to it.

But to celebrate a great progressive vote by a majority of Australians was certain worth celebrating by adorning the rainbow colours on a cultural icon like the Opera House.

It is not by any stretch of the imagination an exercise in hypocrisy and for you to compare it to advertising a bloody horse race for the elite is just inane and in your words farcical.

Dear Canem Malum,

Oh I'm sure there are many things we probably agree on but it would be a pretty bloody boring forum if that were all we talked about. I come here to have my ideas challenged, to prompt me to back them up with evidence and to challenge the ideas of others. I must admit there are very few left here with the capacity to do so. On the other side mhaze has a bit of a crack but the standard can be pretty low otherwise.

If you are prepared to back your opinion with decent substantiation then I'm more than happy to engage.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 9:19:23 PM
The patriot in me says 'How dare they disparage our nations most well known building';
The realist in me says 'Stuff it, who cares? Someone's got to fork out for government incompetence, the Lefts monetisition of victimhood; so-called progressive social programs, why should it always be long suffering taxpayers?'
But then I look at 'the bigger picture' and I think:
'Well why not just go a step further, show tampon ads at mealtimes and promotion of leftist political agendas?'

We know your going to eventually anyway.

Downward spiral of the dumb leading the dumb straight down the toilet.
Gotta love this country.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 9:33:55 PM
Well, it all went off well with the ferals watching. Dills!
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 10:40:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17