The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should the Sydney Opera House be Used as a Billboard

Should the Sydney Opera House be Used as a Billboard

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. 17
  14. All
Most people are not gay. For that reason they will never really understand what it means to be gay. And we'll never really understand why they insist on putting it in our faces. At the end of the day we really don't care about their opinion that much because they are a small minority and generally their world doesn't have much to do with ours. It's concerning that children are being influenced by this twilight world on the edge of society. I feel sorry that gay people are lonely and feel a need to be accepted by society. It's the burden of the choice to be different that you may not be accepted. Sometimes it's just easier to fit in- even if it doesn't always "feel" right. I remember the musician George Michael saying "everyone is in the closet"- maybe it's true maybe it isn't- but at that point he lost all credibility for me. This issue has a few levels. Many gay people that I've known over the years have suffered- some more than others- you could blame prejudice if you like. Some have a vocation of self victimization- martyr archetype. All people travel a path- as we age we learn- and often the warnings of our parents haunt us due to our mistakes. We all get lonely at times- and yearn for human contact- adolescent depression is especially concerning- strong family support is important- most of us learn to be resilient. Most people from what I can see don't bear gay people ill will and accept that these people tread a difficult chaotic path. Most just try to avoid chaos in their lives and try to make their lives less chaotic. As people age sexuality becomes a less important part of most peoples lives- perhaps this is due to youthful hormones. Male animals tend to be more sexually aggressive and research into testosterone seems to support this. Females also produce testosterone. There are also claims that testosterone levels can affect growing fetuses
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 12 October 2018 7:47:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is also the political side of gay society that promotes their own agenda at the expense of the rest of society- this should be struck down as unrepresentative tyranny. Sadly this movement has affected society at many levels- the majority of society just want to live their lives without politics- once in a while they wake up to make a correction- not very stable but that's the way it seems to be.

Some have associated males with left brain (logic) and females with right brain (feeling, creativity). There is likely an evolutionary reason why the brain is divided into two halves- it's not likely a white heterosexual male conspiracy. Jung talked about archetypes- men tend to adopt certain ones and females others- there seems to be a natural tendency for social division of archetype roles along gender lines in society historically. Some have suggested this is a simple form of division of labour. Often in society social pressure is used to enforce roles- this occurs in gender-less/ role-less society too- the concept of manliness and femininity seem to apply here. These roles also appear to be enforced at some level in the animal world.

Relatively recently there has been criticism of gender based roles in society- rightly or wrongly. To understand whether the evolved gender based roles are now irrelevant one might look at how our brains and our environment have changed and how they remain effectively the same.

Having gender roles in animals doesn't suggest that some roles are more important than others they are complimentary. That is what society is about- dividing the society into complimentary roles to manage the environment to ensure the society is stable.
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 12 October 2018 8:10:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some say gays are no-brainers , born on the left and complimenting the right brain . This is often illustrated by the twin sails of the Opera House flickering with light disco rages. Bitch nazi tyrant sopranos drown the colonial bowels of males at birth or even earlier to howls of protest from horse racists.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 12 October 2018 8:36:50 AM
Dear Canem Malum,

You wrote;

“There is also the political side of gay society that promotes their own agenda at the expense of the rest of society- this should be struck down as unrepresentative tyranny “

Good lord, really? What did it cost us to vote to extend the right to marry to same sex couples? To me it enhanced our sense of fair play which is something the majority of Australians thought more important than preserving a historical discrimination.

Having the majority of voters put their imprimatur of gay couples being able to tie the knot is about as far from unrepresentative tyranny as you can get.

Revisionism is an unpleasant occupation and justifiably frowned upon in polite circles.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 12 October 2018 10:07:03 AM
//It's the burden of the choice to be different that you may not be accepted.//

I'm not sure it is a choice... I know I didn't make any choice to be heterosexual, it just happened.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 12 October 2018 10:18:19 AM
Opera House Jillboard is a choice but tyranny makes it Bill.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 12 October 2018 10:31:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16