The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should the Sydney Opera House be Used as a Billboard

Should the Sydney Opera House be Used as a Billboard

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. ...
  14. 15
  15. 16
  16. 17
  17. All
cont'd ...

My apologies for the typo.

Here's the link again:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-demons-that-drive-alan-jones-20061021-gdone7.html
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 10 October 2018 6:21:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for the link Foxy, I read every word.

I freely admit, I don't like Alan Jones, and that is not just because of his politics. The man exudes a hatefulness and contempt for others to an extent which you don't often see in people of power. He has ruthlessly uses his position in society to mercessly exploit people for his own gratification, and then without the slightest compassion abandoned those "inferiors" and moved on to his next conquest. Jones's latest victim was Louise Herron, and don't be fooled into taking Jones's mealy-mouthed apology as evidence of his compassion, its all part of the cold calculating game Jones plays.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 11 October 2018 5:04:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
like Paul I dislike the man, for all of the above reasons.
Not able to get in to a rage about the sign on the Opera house.
It seems a bit like selective rage when other things that have been put there are noted.
Even the Harbor Bridge has been used to promote the city.
But Jones! dreadful bloke, in the service of extremes and the sooner he leaves the radio mike the better
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 11 October 2018 5:29:56 AM
For once (hopefully not the last time), I find myself in agreement with both Paul and Belly.

Jones makes John Laws look good.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 11 October 2018 7:52:47 AM
Is Mise, Paul 1405 and fat belly...

Truth is, you hate Alan Jones because he is a homosexual, and was caught screwing with boys behind public toilets in London.

One would think (really), Jones would connect the dots (in public comment), between the swooners of gay rights, and the adornment of the opera house in gay rainbow lights, with a fairness of other forms of media highlighting, of say for instance, horse racing et al, projected onto the exact same location.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 11 October 2018 9:31:08 AM
DD //Truth is, you hate Alan Jones because he is a homosexual// Not in the slightest, homosexuality in its self is fine by me, friends are homosexual, and in my house they sleep together like heterosexual couples do, there is no distinction with me.
//was caught screwing with boys behind public toilets in London// well a different matter all together, but unproven in most peoples eyes.
Nor would I have a problem with Jones on this issue, if he simply advocated the lighting nonsense and nothing else. No, he believes he is so high and mighty he can have people sacked on a whim, shows the calibre of the man.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 11 October 2018 9:51:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13