The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is our Justice System Broken?

Is our Justice System Broken?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. All
looking at the corruption & incompetence in authority makes one shiver when thinking of how this would be when privatised.
I just hope our present politicians will work on developing some sense & prevent this privatisation.
Posted by individual, Friday, 12 October 2018 9:15:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The reason that prisons are privatized is that with many things, private enterprise can provide the same services for a significantly lower price.

SR,

The reason that the privatized Telstra declined to build Rudd's gold plated NBN is because it had sod all chance of any decent return on the expenditure which was borne out by the vast over expenditure by the incompetent Labor government.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 12 October 2018 10:13:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
two tins joined together with a long string was Turnbulls wish for the NBN
Under riding instructions from Murkey Murdock,[in defence of Fox] throwing mud at Labor ignores the truth.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 12 October 2018 11:24:41 AM
Guys, the source and reason for ALL our problems are, POLITICIANS.
Which turn out to form Governments.
Do not believe what you hear and see.
These guys are ALL in it together.
Our individual party preferences aside, for a moment, and you will see that it is THEIR personal interests that are the priority to them.
They need to be kept in check or they will end up doing exactly what they want, at our expense.
Every time we see a change in PM's or govt, we are handing the keys to the 'piggy bank' over to another thief.
Nothing changes except the individuals or thieves.
The problem as I see it is obvious.
The PEOPLE.
Unlike me, people are lax and lazy about their financial well being, with such stupid comments and attitudes like, 'that's what we pay them for', and a myriad of other deflective comments.
All the while giving the govt free range over our money.
Let me be clear.
They do not seek to become a minister of the govt for a piddly four figure income.
No they are after the bigger prize.
The lucky few get a portfolio.
Now that's where the big bucks are.
We're talking potentially, millions.
Every time a major deal or project or purchase is made by the govt, I can assure you, BIG money is channeled into entities which are ultimately owned or controlled by them.
Any attempt to trace any such activity will result in nothing.
You don't think these guys are smarter than that.
Good ole' J B Peterson (can't remember the spelling) the former QLD Premier used a different scam to get his 'kick-backs'.
The ruse went like this;
The successful contractor would 'bad-mouth' good ole' JBP, who would then declare he was going to sue them for defamation, or slander or whatever.
Suddenly there was an out of court settlement.
The amount was never disclosed.
The media and I'm pretty sure even some of the public figured it out, but it was 'legal', so nothing could be done about it.
It's like hiding in plain sight.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 12 October 2018 12:22:17 PM
Churchill, Ghandi, the first black leader of South Africa, great politicians, we have not seen the last of such men.
We the voters let standards slip by paying more attention to what we plan to do on the weekend than who we should be electing.
Shortens promise of something like an independent commision against corruption is a step towards better out comes
Posted by Belly, Friday, 12 October 2018 4:57:45 PM
Belly, not you too?
There will be NO 'independent commission against corruption'!
Whatever will be promoted as such, will be 'smoke and mirrors'.
NEVER believe anything these liars say.
I even dismiss the things they DO.
Remember these mongrels are only there to 'feather their own nests'.
The banking Royal Commission is also a ruse.
When I hear that the fine is in the millions, compared to the BILLIONS they STEAL off us, it tells us that the govt is in it up to their necks.
I am not as stupid or gullible as most Aussies and given the opportunity I would savage the banks, for their obvious greed and averace conduct, as well as the obvious contempt towards the public in general.
If the govt was true and just, they would charge them along the lines of the tax office.
If we get caught out by the tax dept, we cop a fine, usually at least twice the amount we owe and then a percentage of the over-all amount.
So the total of the fines handed down to the banks, should be in the billions, and I don't mean one or two billion.
Anything less tells me that there is collusion and corruption between the govt and the banks.
So Belly, do not take anything at face value.
I would advise, when it involves the govt, believe NOTHING and question EVERYTHING!
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 12 October 2018 7:27:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12