The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The benifits of multiracial over multicultural.

The benifits of multiracial over multicultural.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. All
Foxy,
That link is purely academic i.e. an irrelevant attempt to balance/counter the real issue which you still don't appear to grasp & Paul appears to be a proponent for the problem.
As this debate has reached the point of pointlessness I'll sign off.
Posted by individual, Monday, 8 October 2018 6:20:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy, thanks for the link, an interesting read. The fact is the monotheistic religions of Christianity and Islam are more alike than different on the score of violence. Western democracies have perpetrated a huge amount of violence on others, but its state sanctioned violence which we rationalize as necessary good violence. In all wars religion is used to invoke the support of god by both sides. Christians will pray to their peace loving god for support and then go off and kill innocents, and think nothing of it.

//need of forgiveness, cleansing and fullness of life// Josephus one has to assume one is firstly in need of forgiveness (for what?) and then cleansing and then some kind of fullness?, (what is that). If Christianity can bring you the good life you seek, then go for it. However, I do believe human beings can reach nirvana without the trapping of some monotheistic religion. Try this and tell me what you think.

http://www.sapphyr.net/buddhist/buddhist-core.htm
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 8 October 2018 6:47:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here are some shocking statistics.

Turkey's Human Rights Association (IHD) has issued a chilling report about children's rights abuses in Turkey. According to it, "since 2002, under the AKP [Justice and Development Party] rule, 440,000 children under the age of 18 have given birth."

"One in every four marriage in Turkey is a child marriage," said Selen Doğan, a member of Ankara-based Flying Broom Women's Communication and Research Association.

According to the Turkish Civil Code, men and women cannot marry before they turn 18.

"According to the data of TÜİK [Turkish Statistical Institute], in the last 10 years, 482,908 [underage] girls have been married off with the permission of the state. In the last six years, 142,298 have become mothers and most got married in religious [Islamic] ceremonies."

"A List of Shame That Will Shatter Turkey," is the title of a report published by the Turkish newspaper Hürriyet, which includes the names of 115 underage girls who gave birth at just one Istanbul hospital, Kanuni Sultan Süleyman Education and Research Hospital, during just five months in 2017.

Worse, the scandal was covered up by the administration of the hospital. They failed to inform either the police or judicial officials -- even though they are obligated to do so by law and regulations when they discover a minor is pregnant or has been subjected to sexual abuse.

Instead, the social worker who exposed the scandal, Iclal Nergiz, has been persecuted by the hospital and other authorities. An investigation has been launched against her, her place of work has been changed twice and she has been exposed to heavy pressure and harassment. "Ever since the incident was exposed, nothing has changed except for my punishment [by the hospital]," Nergiz said in one interview.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/13051/turkey-child-marriages-pregnancies
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 8 October 2018 10:42:22 PM
Philip, what you highlight is some of the problems caused in a disadvantaged society by the lack of education, opportunity, ignorance, poverty etc etc. To blame a stupid monotheistic religion for this kind of injustice is unfair. One could highlight similar problems in many Christian countries in the third world, where children are exploited. These religions with their anachronistic rules and support of the status quo do nothing to bring about real social change
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 4:42:01 AM
Paul I challenge you to give a report of underage girls being marriage approved by the State, currently happening in a dominant Christian Country. This is to prove your claim. Otherwise you sprout nonsense!
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 8:31:17 AM
Paul1405 With this quote I will agree with you "the problems caused in a disadvantaged society by the lack of education, opportunity, ignorance, poverty etc etc."

But with this one I disagree because what Muhammad did is what there religion is based on.
Quote "Muhammad, the founder of Islam, married Aisha when she was six and consummated his marriage with her when she was nine. He was 54 years old. The Koran also advocates the practice."
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 9 October 2018 11:42:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy