The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Morrison Government: More Of The Same

A Morrison Government: More Of The Same

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
If a politician can act on these issues then they will go far and no one else will be able to touch them.
Canem Malum,
My sentiments exactly. What explanation could there be for this not happening ? I have stated many times that, don't these politicians know that they don't actually win elections, it's the encumbents who lose them.
Politicians have every answer under the sun whilst in opposition but as soon as they make it into Govt all their drummed up out of thin air policies evaporate before the last ballot bx is removed.
Why not make tough decisions right up front so they can use the rest of their likely only term to put things straight onto the road of recovery ? If these are good policies then they'll get voted in again or at the least the other faction will only get one term because dismantling a good policy is a no-no in any language.
Many of these desperately needed reforms are quite basic & politically low-risk so why keep on stalling ?
Come on Morrison Govt do it ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 16 September 2018 6:30:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CM,

Yes. If a poster says something I don't believe, I'm able to do my own research, or, I disagree directly or silently, and leave it at that. As I have said, nobody has obviously changed his mind because of what I said, and neither have I changed my mind. I don't post something I don't mean; I would have thought the same applied to others - otherwise, why would they say it in the first place?

People who are keen to display their findings by putting up references are only going to 'find’ references that support them. Fair enough, if they are that desperate to be 'right’. However, for every supporting reference they find, there will be one that says the opposite. There are huge gaps and variances in information and opinion. Even professionals who deal in the same areas and disciplines don't always agree. But some laypersons, posting anonymously and without any special knowledge, seem to think what they 'know’ or believe came down from the Mount with Moses
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 16 September 2018 10:17:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CM,

Just another one on references. You will note that Philip S, very keen on references to the point of obsession, is still chuntering away about me instead of getting on with his own life: I wonder if he has looked at the reference I gave him. After his petulant demand, I gave him my source; I said, "Read Catallxy Files". My guess is that he never did do that. He certainly has not taken the opportunity to advise me if I was right or wrong, based on my source, which, of course, suggests what I have always suspected - that calls for references come from people too lazy or ignorant to do anything for themselves, and they are just hoping to shut down people they disagree with. It's piss and wind bluff by people who think that other people are as bereft of confidence and self-esteem as they themselves are.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 16 September 2018 10:46:45 AM
ttbn What a load of dribble Quote "People who are keen to display their findings by putting up references are only going to 'find’ references that support them. Fair enough, if they are that desperate to be 'right’. However, for every supporting reference they find, there will be one that says the opposite."

I would like you to point out just a few posted threads where the originator started a thread about any subject and proceeded to give the for and against arguments that related to the subject of the thread.

It would be like posting a whole debate for and against.

That includes any where you have done that.

Findings will be ZERO.

One other minor point quote "I'm not wasting another second on you"
It would appear you are keeping you word and not wasting another second you have passed that point by a long way, bit obsessive if you ask me.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 16 September 2018 10:37:50 PM
Foxy,

From what I last recall Tamworth (where Barnaby was born) is still in Australia.

That business as usual is continuing is hardly shocking as there is still a comparatively competent liberal government in charge.

I was never a great fan of Turnbull especially since he tried to legislate Labor's version 1 of the carbon tax. And while I was generally in favour of the NEG, when MT tried to use it to bring in a version of a carbon tax by stealth by legislating targets, I thought it was a bridge too far and apparently so did his party. I still think a version of it needs to be legislated without the mandatory targets which will let states do their own thing without screwing up the power supply.

I was also not a great fan of Dutton, but compared to offerings from other parties such as the corrupt Shorten, the lard arse Albo, the Pinhead Plibersek, the Whinging Wong, only a moron would vote Labor.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 21 September 2018 8:32:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy