The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > King For Wentworth

King For Wentworth

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. All
O sung wu, you mentioned earlier that you wouldn't want a raving lefty feminist to represent you in your electorate.
Now fair's fair. Most of my life I have had to put up with being represented by raving rightwing macho men. I've never had anyone remotely like me as my representative.
Perhaps you need a raving lefty feminist rep to let you know what that feels like
Posted by Cossomby, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 10:07:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It should only be about merit. Both men and women used to realise that that there are things that women do better than men and vice versa. This is still a fact; only the politics and attitudes have changed. If there is to be a battle of the sexes and scores given, I believe that women come out on top in many areas that men are hopeless at. However, politics is not one of those areas. Apart from Margaret Thatcher in modern times, and perhaps Golda Meir, women are just not up to it - certainly not in Australia, where we have suffered appalling failures such as Gillard, Lawrence and Kirner. Currently serving female politicians make no impression at all.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 10:09:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This took my fancy this morning: a comment on change of PM: “Great work, terrible timing. It must feel a bit like being promoted to Captain of the Titanic half way through her maiden voyage”.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 10:25:18 AM
HI there COSSOMBY...

Firstly I apologise if I've in anyway offended you, it was meant in general terms. However I have quite some knowledge apropos the antecedents of Dr Karen PHELPS, and the amount trouble this individual has caused in just about all she touches.

I wonder why she ever bothered to study medicine, not simply leap straight into politics and be done with it. She was a popular figure with the AMA especially those of the Left, the more moderate and conservative Medical Practitioners, only wished her gone. I have specific knowledge of that claim.

Again I apologise to you unreservedly. I can only imagine how anyone who's marginalised must feel - but definitely not Dr PHELPS, with her incessant stirring and troublemaking, I offer her no such apology.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 10:40:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Does that mean that Morrison will also go down with the
ship? Or perhaps he'll ensure that there will be enough
life-boats for everyone?

We'll have to wait and see.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 10:43:02 AM
Here's something else that popped up this morning for those who don't recognise the differences between men and women:

“ …. men account for 99.9 per cent of combat deaths, 94 per cent of workplace deaths, 76 per cent of homicide victims, 75 per cent of successful suicides, 71 per cent of homelessness….”.

Bet the girls won't be putting up their hands for some of that.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 12:36:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21