The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why do women nag so much?

Why do women nag so much?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Scientific evidence suggests that women are better at multi tasking than men. It may be
that men only concentrate on one thing at time; thus if they are doing something, they
just don't "hear", or take it in.

I've learnt to be fairly easy going, so don't bother to nag. I found that nagging was more exhausting and time wasting than just doing it oneself.

When I was first married, my husband would drop his clothes all over the floor. After a few months of cleaning up after him I found the solution was to let them pile up for a couple of weeks, then throw them out the window. No recriminations ... If a repair to the house needs to be done - and it hasn't shown any progress over months, I just take a large tool and start attacking it myself ... as I have no skills in such matters ...

However, and I wonder if other women experience it, whenever I ask where
something is, he demands to know why I want it ... even if it is something trivial - in fact, especially if it is something trivial. Also, if I am doing something, like opening a food
packet, he tells me how it should be done. When I object, he always says that he is "just trying to help".

When things gets too much, I just remind him that I grow aconite at the bottom of the garden.
Posted by Danielle, Tuesday, 24 July 2007 1:26:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig, that line was actually a quote from Demos, that I had
snipped.

Personally I don't think this is a black and white issue,
it just depends. Yup there is stereotyping involved, a bit
like saying men are taller then women. In general that is true,
there are always exceptions.

There can be great relationships, but if you look around, they
are rare. About half of marriages end in divorce. Of the half
left, maybe half work ok, half stay together out of habit, kids,
money or whatever. So the odds at best would be one in four, not
exactly exciting. I know plenty of men whose marriages somehow
stay together, as they allow themselves to be henpecked.
That's not my scene lol, better just be friends with benefits :)

Last I read, women talk 3 times more then men. To expect our
undivided attention to every word they think out aloud, would
be pushing the boundaries.

I think there are some women who just need something to complain
about, to be happy.

I think we need to understand that in many ways, men and women
are just different (there are exeptions I know). Men are into
things and what they think. Women are into people, relationships
and how they feel. As one female told me, women don't want solutions,
they want commiseration. Men don't understand that, they want to
provide solutions.

Given that Spanky has no understanding for cases of misogyny, all
I can say Spanky is, so suffer the nagging, its your choice :)
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 24 July 2007 3:07:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Goodness me, after reading a couple of comments that have been made, all I can say is 'Shame Spanky' you must be living a life of hell with all that nagging going on. Maybe you should think of getting your wife to join this forum, and then we could all hear it from her side. As it has already been said, maybe it's not the nagging thats the problem, but you are not listning to whats being said!
I've just thought up a reason why she nags, while she has to do the housework you are sitting on this Forum.

- Bubble -
Posted by Bubble, Tuesday, 24 July 2007 10:35:09 PM
or spanky
set an example
its really a good way
the role model thingy
but really
i reckon you just want OUT
time to find yourself as one put it to me lately
or
time to suffer so you might realize what you once had
just get busy is my best advice
get on with your own journey/stuff/problems
i mean your OWN failings
you can only really sort your own you know
we all have to find our own way
together as we are
we are still all seperate
seperate as we may be (hermiting) we are still all somewhere
Posted by mariah, Wednesday, 25 July 2007 1:16:13 AM
Guys!..help me out here!
Mariah, I do not know what you wrote, was this a poem?
Like I said in the beginning, a lot will be mentioned "tongue in cheek" and now I will proceed in removing my left foot out of my mouth!
No, I cannot refer to a nag as being "people" because it's the women who cause people to nag!nag!nag!
I mean.. look at this thread, full of nags, victims of your own doing!

Bubble, if you had a partner as kind and considerate as mine, together with the nagging, I must admit, I wouldn't give her up for the world.
This is where we guys are failing, we moan about the nagging but on the other hand we can't do without it. (There, have I saved myself from eternal damnation?)
As long as the buck stops at nagging and not turn into some hellish nightmare, like some people I know, who ended up in a divorce court,
for nag abuse!
Posted by SPANKY, Wednesday, 25 July 2007 3:01:01 AM
Danielle,
Errr..'scuse me, I'm smelling something in the air... oh! I know what it is..It's b...sh..t!!
There is no scientific evidence that women are better at multi-tasking than men, no-way, cannot and will never be.
This is why we are called "bread-winners", we get home from a hell of a hectic day on the golf course, suffer from bruised elbows from holding up a pint on the bar, eye-strain from watching the clock on the wall, so we don't get home too late and belly ache from trying to chug-down one more before coming home.
We are hellish underprivealidged here, we are professional at work, organise staff, blame our stuff-ups on others and retire to the gents vestibule to rid ourselves from stress,..all in a days work!
We care for our women in ways some women would'nt even dream of, while you lot are sweating in front of a stove, we sit and contemplate
whats in store for the next day and how we are going to tackle it.
I mean..come on!
Posted by SPANKY, Wednesday, 25 July 2007 3:20:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy