The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Greens are the new invasive species.

The Greens are the new invasive species.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All
Issy,

If one were to be apprehended by police, and in their possession was a loaded pistol, and baring the holding of any special licence permitting, would they be able to plead self defence as a legal reason for having that loaded pistol in their possession. Note there has been no act of self defence only a preparedness in the event of one needing to exercise self defence. Legal opinion required.

//The right to self-defence already exists, therefore, the right to the best means (loaded pistol) already exists.//

What a stupid statement.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 September 2018 4:52:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//so would be a walking stick if possessed for the purpose of self-defence.//

But not if possessed for the purpose of being a walking stick. You know, the reason you have yours, nudge nudge, wink wink. A walking stick is just a walking stick, even if it's made in the traditional Irish fashion from blackthorn, m'lud.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 3 September 2018 4:52:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni, I prefer the Russian umbrella myself, not only does it keep the rain off, it is most effective against Shillelagh wielding Scottish bandits! And without any opinion to the contrary, its completely legal. So are AK47's and M16's only as best means of self defence.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 September 2018 5:25:29 PM
My form of self defence would be - letting loose with
a bowel movement if I was being attacked. And unless
he's a psycopath - he'd be turned off by that.
I just couldn't help myself. I'd be so scared - that's
what would be guaranteed to happen. ;-)
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 3 September 2018 5:31:37 PM
Paul,

"If one were to be apprehended by police, and in their possession was a loaded pistol, and baring the holding of any special licence permitting, would they be able to plead self defence as a legal reason for having that loaded pistol in their possession. Note there has been no act of self defence only a preparedness in the event of one needing to exercise self defence. Legal opinion required."

There was no need to post that, your stupidity was already apparent.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 September 2018 6:30:12 PM
Issy, you seem to be a sandwich short of a picnic on this one. Tying yourself in knots as you are. The trouble is you're been reading the Shooters and Hooters Party policy on firearms, and worse still you think it makes sense and is believable, not so!
Its time to disarm all gunnies, starting with the sandwich short of a picnic lads. Agree?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 September 2018 6:44:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All