The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Anything Go on the Footy Field

Does Anything Go on the Footy Field

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Paul 1405

Your lead did not state that the fracas occurred outside the field, as you now suggest.
But there are a couple of England test cricketers before the court in England right now.
They were involved in a punch up outside a night club in the early hours of the morning.
That's how it should be.
If this AFL assult occurred off field, then I support the notion of offence.

Try laying out the complete facts prior to picking people off over ignorance of the events, such as you seem to be doing here.
And I'm bewildered by your reference to cock fighting. I'm not in favour of cruelty to any animal, not even chooks!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 10:29:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear runner,

You wrote;

“Yeah another Antifa supporter outrage by a footballer punching someone while supporting thugs hiding behind masks.”

What does that gibberish even mean?

In fact I'm pretty sure you are clueless about it too. It's just a tourettes style discharge from your poisoned mouth intent on utterances which ultimately totally demean the faith of which you contend to adhere too.

You are doing the Devil's work here runner and I firmly believe you know that. How many do you turn or dissuade from Christianity on a daily basis? My goodness you will be certainly given a prime spot in Hell for all the work you have done on its behalf.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 10:52:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steele, I take a different view of boxing, although not a supporter of the pugilist pursuit myself, believing it was a bloody contest of the poor for the entertainment of the rich. What a participant involves themselves in is clear to them before they engage in the contest. That is the rules allow for their bloody head to be knocked off. all within the rules. Unfortunately in my view society accepts boxing as such.

DD what I said was "In this case the whole episode was not in the context of the game, but took place remote from the game itself, it was assault of another person." I never said //outside the field//
I did say it took place away from the centre of action of the game itself.

The cock fighting was a slur after you tried to "greenie me". This has nothing to do with the Greens, its my personal opinion. Just as I do not equate everything you post with your membership of the KKK, should you be a member, please do not equate everything I post with my membership of the Greens.

How about answering my question;

I do not believe participating in a sport negates your responsibility to act within the law. For those who advocate what happens on the footy field stays on the footy field I ask, what act of malice if any would require criminal prosecution
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 9 August 2018 6:10:03 AM
If it's just football players thumping other football players, who gives a crap? Like lobsters, football players have very primitive central nervous systems, and probably don't have sufficiently complex brains to allow them to process pain.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/do-lobsters-feel-pain-2014-5?r=US&IR=T
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 9 August 2018 8:54:15 AM
Hi Toni,

I am rather "stunned" by those insenative findings. I have observed many a "lobster", late on scorching hot summers day on Bondi Beach. Not that they feel pain at that instant, but later that evening and the next day, well not withstanding their primitive nervous system, and the fact the didn't use the 50 plus, they certainly feel the pain.

“Cooking a lobster is like cooking a big bug” that's put me off lobsters for life! Larry Lobster, from the International Institute of Lobology would know, if anyone would know. Larry has dedicated his whole life to the study of Lobology.

Switzerland! is that not a land locked country high in the alps of Europe, whose people are struck dumb, because they don't have a Swiss language, only known for their yodelling. Maybe there is an advanced land dwelling lobster up that way, which only comes out at the call of the yodeller.

Let me present Switzerland's leading lobster catcher, Franz, its all in the lobster language. At least the lobsters die happy. Note the tables full of expectant diners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 10 August 2018 7:59:09 AM
Paul,

This time I agree with you. An unprovoked assault should be a criminal offence no matter where it occurs.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 10 August 2018 9:21:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy