The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia Hits 25 Million

Australia Hits 25 Million

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Hassie,

Not sure if you're right on the money with this one.
Lismore - is begging for more people to come out and
settle. They say it's a great place to live. And so is
Chincilla. They're all claiming they need more people -
and I'm sure that there must be other towns like that.

The MP for Agriculture should know more about that being
a country boy himself. He could look into it.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 3:15:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm a migrant & many fellow migrants share my sentiment when I say there are right migrants & there are wrong migrants.
We definitely don't want the latter overunning country towns. I recall the sentiments expressed by the right people many, many years ago back in Central Europe when the first waves of wrong migrants were brought in by the wrong business people & wrong politicians.
Now it's all gone wrong.
Many Australians still refuse to see what's happening & insist more wrong immigration is good for the country. Is there any chance at all we could make them wake up ? People of the fath of Islam are no problem, Islamics from the dustbowls of northern Africa are.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 3:28:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that population growth is as resource as any other, so it is sustainable
Posted by violetkeen, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 9:43:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
violetkeen,
Just as any resource it will get out of hand if not used in the right context.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 10:51:15 PM
Hi Foxy,

I think the government would have more chance of decentralizing the migrant intake away from Sydney and Melbourne to cities like Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart rather than to regional towns like Lismore. Its a matter of infrastructure and employment opportunities. The government has failed to deliver what is needed where its needed.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 9 August 2018 6:23:26 AM
If this is not a wake-up call then nothing will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8a-c-kBFk
Posted by individual, Thursday, 9 August 2018 8:32:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy