The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gender Discussion:

Gender Discussion:

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. 24
  10. All
I'm an old man now. With rapidly approaching dementia. Something I can't understand, is why it's necessary to (apparently) do away with our gender descriptions?

What's wrong with 'he or she'; 'male or female', 'ladies or men'? If you're a homosexual man, it doesn't matter what gender you adhere to. Similarly with that of lesbian ladies.

It's already hard enough for our children to successfully get through their schooling, without this 'gender nuteral' nonsense making things even harder and more complicated.

Someone in American politics averred something along the lines of; 'drain the swamp'? I dunno about that, but one institution that needs draining and quickly, is our Universities, with the claptrap and bullship they teach their students these days.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 6 August 2018 10:04:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well all things PC irk me, while I have NEVER heard such talk it is around and lives in the heart of green like do gooders, I refuse to agree with anything such as this and think most do too.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 6 August 2018 12:45:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu & Belly,
I think we're cursed with common sense & sanity, in a word we're old farts who don't understand anything that doesn't make sense. People now attend University to comprehend the nonsensical.
Imagine if people like Ferdinand Porsche, James Watt, Wernher von Braun etc. were to attend today's universities, would they still be as capable ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 6 August 2018 12:57:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's just more lunatic left rubbish. It has no effect on the majority if it is treated with the contempt it deserves.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 6 August 2018 1:34:38 PM
Hi there BELLY & INDIVIDUAL...

G'day BELLY...

I'm very much like you, I cannot abide all this PC nonsense. Moreover you're right, it's this sort of detritus that's had it's origins within some businesses and Universities, and they're seeking to suffuse and imbue all our places of learning, our Schools; TAFE; and ALL our Universities, until the masses accept their odd ideology and conform to their standards of Politically Correct behaviour. All very sad I reckon.

Hi there INDIVIDUAL...

Undeniably, I guess we're old farts as you say. But old farts can think, and speak, with as much commonsense and clarity as anyone else, as evidenced by many of the world's greatest contributions to the sciences, humanities, literature and the arts. In fact I reckon many of the older folk are pretty damn clever, after all they've managed to have reached 'old age' in this highly competitive world. As you say; Messrs WATT; BRAUN; and PORSCHE aren't exactly 'dumbo's' are they eh! And neither are you INDIVIDUAL, BELLY, or to a lessor extent, myself 'dumbo's' either
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 6 August 2018 1:46:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There were times when procreation was important.
At those times, having convex or concave genitals was so important that it called for separate pronouns, while in some languages this even called for categorising all objects as either male or female, then treating their names grammatically differently. That created sexual tension, which was useful at the time. We, especially the older generations (counting myself among these), are still victims of that sexual tension and suffered unnecessarily for it.

But today, earth is overcrowded and procreation is no longer a good thing. Stopping to fuss about the direction of our genitals should reduce sexual tensions, thus help us to relax about it and reduce human population.

We don't give special pronouns for those with broad noses and narrow noses because we don't deem it to be so important. It is time to view our genitals similarly.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 6 August 2018 2:15:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. 24
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy