The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Diversity

Diversity

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
Dear NNS aka undead human,

You are pretty good with the insults calling me a liar. I won't insult you in turn. I believe you are utterly sincere in your beliefs. I just question the worth of those beliefs. I watch my language. You are an undead human. Someday you and I will both be corpses. However a fetus is not an unborn baby. It may or may not develop into a baby. you and are potential corpses, but we are not undead corpses as there is no such thing as a undead corpse or an unborn baby.

Actually I know you pretty well as you have told me much about yourself. You have told me you know very little about other religious beliefs, and yet you are sure your belief is the true one. I think that attitude condemns you more than any words of mine can.

I live among Christians as I live in a retirement village called Prins Willem Alexander Village which was set up for the Dutch community. Most of the residents are either Dutch Reform or Catholics. One resident used to work for Billy Graham before he retired. In retirement he is a chaplain at a local hospital. I have not met any who has expressed themselves in the way you have. No one has tried to convince me of the truth of their beliefs. We are all old people who live and let live. I am happy here and will probably die here. It is not a sexual hotbed as we are all old. however, I have nobody worrying about the sexual activities of younger people. The old people here including me get visited by their younger descendants who are all products of sexual activity as far as I know.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 26 July 2018 8:45:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David F. Though you have never had anyone try to convince you of their beliefs, have you tried to convince anyone else that their beliefs are the evil of the world. A thing of gunboats and imperialism?

Take it into account that I stood up to your assertions and tried to defend my faith. Perhaps that was a wrong approach. When I started the conversation from before all I wanted to do is share my understanding. Expecially since I've seen so many mis understand or misrepresent Christians. I did not think the idea of loving God was potent enough a topic to be attacked as hard as it was while also be entirely avoided as a subject.

I will try not to be angry with you, but for now there is no reason for me to be near you. Enjoy your retirement home, and the friends you have there.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Friday, 27 July 2018 2:09:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NNS wrote: "Though you have never had anyone try to convince you of their beliefs, have you tried to convince anyone else that their beliefs are the evil of the world. A thing of gunboats and imperialism?"

Dear NNS,

I have been approached quite a few times by religious missionaries of various sorts. JWs and Mormons have come to my door. People have stopped me in the streets to give me pamphlets. Once I picked up a hitchhiker, and he started in on his faith.

I have never come to anybody's door, stopped people in the street or in other ways tried to convince people of anything who have not first
approached me. When you started a string on the net asking people to hear you out you were just one of a long line.

That missionaries have been agents of imperialism is simply historical fact.
Posted by david f, Friday, 27 July 2018 8:06:09 AM
//Yes you can be respectful, even to those you don't respect their ideals. Being fair and being kind are all that is needed to be respectful, and you can do you this to anyone.//

Aww, that's cute. A lecture on respect from the chap who's approach to respectful debate is to start dishing out personal attacks when people enquire about his moral convictions. XD

Get your hand off it, mate. You're fooling nobody but yourself.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 27 July 2018 8:22:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy