The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Diversity

Diversity

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
(Continued)

Watch yourself. When we first met here before you knew me you barred your teeth with disrespect, before you came to hear my beliefs and ideals you filled in the blanks for what my ideals are as an excuse to show more disrespect. You hated me for two reasons and two reasons alone. That I am Christian, and that I shared my faith in this forum. Now we've talked in other conversations and you can say you know a bit better my views, (you still fill in the gaps on your own though so again watch yourself), so with a little more knowledge you can claim you know me well enough to hold back your respect. However since you did this from the beginning I see no merit in that.

I have no respect for you either, but it isn't because of your beliefs. I doubt I will ever agree with you on many things, but it is because of your behavior that I can not respect you. For me, being fair is what I focus on when relating to you. Your unkindness makes it a struggle to be kind in return. I can be fair though, and avoid going down the same paths of belittling that you explore in your vendetta against Christianity that I have become a focus for to you.

Watch yourself and your actions. See if you can agree with what you do. If not make note of it, and change to be the man you would respect in other people.

I say this last part because regardless if they are things I do or don't do, your criticisms of me are the things I see you do yourself. I can not easily respect a person who holds a crooked scale, and measures others by standards they don't care to hold up on their own. By your own criticisms measure yourself. By your own ideals watch yourself. Be better then you've been, regardless of respect, because you've held me at a higher standard to live by then you hold yourself to.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 26 July 2018 3:31:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
david f 72 is my age but in truth feel much younger you at any time, can get my e mail from GY my formal education is not much but my determination to learn has served me well, my country, like yours, is better for its diversity, much better but that word has been used here and in other places to forget respect for the hosting country and its customs is a need if it is to work, a day must and will, come when no faith will be able to tell us who should govern and how they govern regards
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 26 July 2018 8:20:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear NNS,

I have no vendetta against Christianity. It is a faith that has inspired many people to greatness in art and in philosophy. I object to your type of fundamentalism which believes in hell and has a puritanical fear of sexuality. That type of religion as I have pointed out is not restricted to Christianity.

I respect plumbers and electricians because they are doing something useful and needed unlike many missionaries who have served the needs of imperialism.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 26 July 2018 8:25:50 AM
Dear Belly,

Graham will forward emails. I don't think he will give out email addresses.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 26 July 2018 1:21:07 PM
To David F.

You say you are ok with Christianity. Just not my version of Christianity. But I think you are against any form of Christianity that people feel worth while to share. Namely to express anything Christian is enough to be counted as a missionary. After all the only thing I expressed was that knowing God and focusing on Him makes people better then they were before.

What is Christian if that isn't? Yet right away you called me out as a missionary. A term only because I shared a Christian understanding to a mixed group.

From my estmate the only Christian you would be ok with us a silent Christian, who never shares their faith with anyone. Lock the Christian doors inside you, and hide it from the rest of the world. That's the only kind of Christianity you would be ok with.

So here's my challenge. Look at the first conversation we were in, and tell me how my form of Christianity is a missionary form. If all you've got is that I shared my version of Christianity then no that basically says your against any version of Christianity. Here's a link to that conversation. Yours is the second post, already going into your views against missionaries. What did I say in the first post that was so missionary?

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=8106
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 26 July 2018 6:30:13 PM
...or on second thought. Scrap it all. Forget any of this. You were probabley right before when you said:

<Perhaps it would be better if I did not have an interchange with you as we have so little common ground.>

That might have to be my choice as well. I'll avoid you. And if we meet again, I'll just keep my mouth shut. Tell whatever lies you want about me or my view. After all you, you know it so well.

But regarding anything else. I'll still voice my views, and my understanding.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 26 July 2018 6:59:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy