The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Muslims and Rape

Muslims and Rape

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All
Belly, I think you'll find that most of the ones wearing the 'letter box' are ok with it.
Apparently there are still 'females' out there who don't appreciate being ogled and 'checked out'.
Go figure.
So it seems that they will not heel.
Where-as we have so many cultures who worship Allah or Islam that don't 'cover up', these are the more liberal cultures who would not be tolerated by the extremists or the religious police.
So we get these conflicts.
My beef is like most other people, which is;
Why should X get away with it, when I can get fined for doing the same thing, religion or not.
I am curious what 'special' changes they have made to accommodate these 'special' cases, that we are not privy to.
Can they still enter a bank?
Can they go into some govt buildings without uncovering their face?
If there have been measures put in place, how much is that costing us?
Then there was the one about Sikhs or those cultures wearing head wrapped with cloth.
They argued that it was part of their religion.
Did they get special dispensation for not having to wear a crash helmet?
You see these are some of the reason why multi-culturalism does not work.
It's bad enough that due to this pathetic crappy electoral system, half the population are disenfranchised and the other are attended to.
Multi-culturalism further frustrates an already pissed off public.
The do-gooders MUST understand some basic fundamentals;
This country cannot sustain any more population growth!
We do not have the resources.
Mainly water.
We do not have the work or jobs.
We have too many people looking for too few jobs currently and has been so for some years.
And finally we must go back to a more critical immigration policy.
We must be mature and not emotional about who comes here and who does not.
I have to admit that because Muslims are our most obvious (not the only) threat at the moment, it's common sense and prudent of the govt to stop all migration until further notice.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 3:40:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
One thing that is done in UK that we do not is collect accurate data.

No FGM Aus cannot get our polys interested in collecting data. It seems they do not want to know what the real situation is here. The other main thing is judicial support for our state education programs. We have had two successful prosecutions and the guilty were handed sentences of 'home detention' which is a joke. After years of saying how serious FGM is. which it is to the victims, the perpetrators don't even get a parking fine. The judges are employed by the state and should be told to get realistic.

Tanya Plibersek had oun of those talk feasts when last in office but nothing good came out of it. Just an expensive week in Canberra for selected delegates, the same as the one you linked to. Pru Goward, in NSW, was going to play merry hell about FGM also but fell over at the starting gate. I am quite disgusted with the non efforts of polys. When the FGM issue arose in the USA I thought the Yanks hand out serious penalties but they just seem to be mucking around as FGM is still not illegal in all states there. If we cannot eliminate FGM in Aus, what hope is there in Africa and the ME.

That news item about child marriages here did not surprize me as I know of a doctor that ran a medical clinic in SW Sydney who stated she could name 100 child marriages at any given time.

I do not see anything complicated about control of both issues if polys were serious about saving little girls. If I had my way, I would make it known that I would instigate medical checks annually on all 'at risk' girls and throw the book at the parents of any girls that had been done. Those that wanted to continue with this horrid cultural abuse would have to go elsewhere, or be in jail with their kids removed from their care. same sort of thing relative to child marriage.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 4:09:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Banjo,

There are plenty of explanations about the difficulties
involved in collecting stats on the web.

You can look them up for yourself.

For me this discussion has now run its course.

Have a nice evening.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 4:44:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy