The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CO2 done it.

CO2 done it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear Hasbeen,

How's it going old cock?

Have you recovered yet from your poster boy Scott Pruitt having to resign? The very epitome of 'the swamp' he misused EPA funds for first class flights, did a sweetheart real estate deal with a lobbyist, tried to use his position to secure his wife a job and was under a number of investigations for ethical breaches.

Just your kind of bloke wasn't he mate.

Now your are flapping the gums over a drop in temperature in the North Atlantic, and area highly impacted by currents from warmer areas and you are trying to say this is indicating a cooling planet?

Even you can't be that daft.

Go look at the Global Mean Estimates based on Land and Ocean Data supplied by NASA.
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/

Please find me a single graph which is downward trending.

The eternal hope you live with that global warming is not real is kind of endearing in one sense but kinda pathetic too.

Time to face facts.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 3:53:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//If you think it is getting hotter, just ask the yanks & eastern Europe how their winter was.//

//... but don't confuse weather with climate.//

Sound advice, Hasbeen. One cold winter doth not a climate make.

Nor doth one hot summer a climate make. Basically, people's memories aren't a good record when it comes to climate data. That's why you need to look

//Every time the sunspots have gone quiet, the planet has cooled.//

Right, and you don't think that the abnormally low temperature associated with the Dalton minimum had anything to do with the volcanic winter effect caused by the eruption of Mount Tambora?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora#Global_effects

Sounds legit. [sarcasm]

The variation in solar irradiance between solar minima and maxima is approx. 0.1%. I think that the hypothesis that periods of abnormally low temperatures are the result of volcanic activity rather than solar activity is better supported by the available data.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 6:24:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//How many humans does it take to create the heat of one volcano?//

Volcanic activity causes global cooling, not global warming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_winter

I'm not suggesting it's a good idea to try and trigger volcanic eruptions to combat global warming.

But the supervolcano underneath Yellowstone Park is due to go off with an almighty bang any day now:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/natural-wonders/quakes-and-eruptions-spark-talks-of-yellowstone-super-volcano/news-story/b1c4804f8e70fc50b6795acdded3e5fe
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 6:29:26 PM
Hasbeen, you push false science with every post.

So, the northern Atlantic.

Substantial CC caused ice melt in the Arctic and Greenland produces a colder than layer of fresh water on the ocean. Warm water coming up from the Gulf of Mexico is salty - normal sea water. Warm salty water is heavier than cold fresh water. The surface current from Mexico is slowing, stopping in the not too distant future. So much of Europe and Eastern US / Canda is experiencing colder weather because of diminishing warming from Gulf stream. So the cooling you are talking about is driven by Greenland and Arctic warming - Cimate Change writ large.
Posted by Tony153, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 8:33:48 PM
Yes I've read that theory Tony153, but there is not a single piece of evidence yet produced to justify it. All pie in the sky stuff, typical of green garbage.

Belly do a bit of research mate. There are about twice the number of trees in Oz now, than at white settlement. Huge tracts of previously pasture improved country are going back to scrub. They don't go back to the park like country our early explorers encountered, developed by aboriginal burning practices, they go to impenetrable garbage scrub, unfit for man or beast. Satellite imaging shows dramatic tree thickening in most grazing areas of Oz.

I asked my cross river neighbour about his 10,000 acre grazing paddock showing serious thickening, when we were repairing fences washed away in last years flood. He said they had given up. The chemicals previously available are now banned, & the paddock can not earn enough to cover paying labour to do the work necessary to keep it productive. His brothers all over 70 want to sell as none of their kids are silly enough to be involved in agriculture today.

Twenty years ago we used to train our eventers over there, but the brambles would cut you to pieces if you tried riding through it today.

I heard just last week it has been sold to Chinese buyers, after 115 years in the same family. Another unintended consequence, of greeny meddling in things they know nothing about.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 10:55:51 PM
Hey Toni,
"Volcanic activity causes global cooling, not global warming."
Sorry my mistake, I forgot about how on a hot summer day people used to head on down to the LAVA LAKE for a quick dip to cool off.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 11:33:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy