The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Bill Shorten Back flip

The Bill Shorten Back flip

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Yes welded Labor voter here, once my party, even today for far too many, would tuck its head in the sand and refuse to talk about such as this.
That blind view FAILS to understand every one else knows it was a mistake/Blunder.
As we head ever nearer to an election Labor will and must win Bill needs to understand it will not be my mates the true believers who return us to office, Bill it will be as it was for Gough, Hawk, Rudd, and Paul K the middle we bring with us.
Every word you utter Bill is not to a hungry media, or your team, it is to the world who are always watching.
The Bill I know needs to be seen *every day* *every time he speaks* if that can be the result of what was a blunder this country soon, will have a fine Prime Minister if not?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 June 2018 8:10:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Belly,

In politics it has always been good advice to be pragmatic rather than dogmatic, exercising the art of the possible. That is not to say a politician should totally compromise their core values and principles, or ignore party policy. Nothing of that nature has been the case in Shortens "tax back down". Shorten made a captains call over the issue and it was politically the wrong call. To his credit, and possibly after a bit of stick from some of his colleagues, he admitted his mistake.
There is plenty of winning material on the issue of tax that Labor can hammer to discredit the Coalition. Starting with the fact the Coalition is the firm friend of the nasty ones, the big banks. In fact so friendly they want to give them undeserved billion dollar tax handouts. All of course at the expense of the poor battlers, the voters, who see themselves as doing it tough, but get nothing.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 2 July 2018 8:38:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul quite true every word, I have contributed to this subject in another thread,make no mistake I am Labor to the boot straps, but its harshest critic when things like this take place.
Bill was so brilliant I saw our next great leader in him,he must re convince me that is still true, he took part in the knifing of Rudd, then Gillard, then said hang on! got all that wrong by re installing Rudd! my dream even demand, is Labor stop thinking it can forever be just a workers party, and win elections, we have great policies, this backflip showed us Bill needs to listen more.
A future Labor leader, as was the case in the past, will bring great reform that both sides adopt maybe it is the one that will take office next year
Posted by Belly, Monday, 2 July 2018 12:33:29 PM
Dear Belly,

When Labor won under Keating he joyously proclaimed that it was a victory for the true believers. It made me sad since I voted for Labor because I preferred them to their opposition. I think that should be the reason anybody votes for a party. Leave belief to religion - not to politics.

The 'How to Vote' cards are insulting. If anyone needs someone to tell them how to vote they shouldn't be voting.
Posted by david f, Monday, 2 July 2018 1:02:18 PM
Dear Belly,

Bill Shorten has gone up in my estimation. He has shown
that he can not only lead - but he listens as well.
An important quality for a Prime Minister to have.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 2 July 2018 1:50:36 PM
This thread should have been called 'enough rope', because you give any idiot enough rope and they will hang themselves. Yet another 'own goal', you've gotta love it.

Next batter please.

BTW, can someone please give Malcom more rope lol.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 2 July 2018 2:32:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy