The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is your view for one to worship humans?

What is your view for one to worship humans?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26
  13. 27
  14. 28
  15. All
Three? the God of the Jews, the Islamic God, and Christ, who was his own father, all came from one, maybe Baal was an earlier incarnation?do we need to name all of the thousands of Gods we invented?or do we go on blissfully claiming only one of them ever existed, dare I say not one ever did?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 6 July 2018 12:29:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

The deities which you mentioned are just gods with a small-'g'.
Most were probably invented by humans, nothing wrong with that, though Christ and others did exist in history.

Then you answered me: «three from this tree your God comes from»

God could not come from anywhere because God is not a thing, unlike the deities you mentioned. One could argue whether or not those deities, those gods with a small-'g' exist and where they came from, but only things, only objects can exist and God is not an object. God doesn't even exist, yet there is nothing besides Him including existence itself.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 6 July 2018 4:00:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuytsu pointless continuing here 6 days to make the world? Jona in that whale? what a shame God took day seven off, he may well have used that day to stop humanity finding reason to hate each other
Posted by Belly, Friday, 6 July 2018 4:31:31 PM
Dear Belly,

The whole point of Genesis 1 are the first 3 verses of Genesis 2:
This whole poem of the creation-story was told for the sole purpose of instructing people to take the time off and observe the Sabbath, rather than to try to explain how this world came about.

As a former union leader you should be most appreciative of this fable, where even God himself (more accurately the Jewish deity) took this time off work, asking people to follow His example - otherwise they would be working continually 365 days a year until they drop.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 6 July 2018 5:05:59 PM
Foxy,

You don't seem to understand the nature of the red herring logical fallacy you committed: See: <<https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/150/Red_Herring>>

When you responded to my post with very different content and did not address what I wrote, you changed topics to address what you wanted to say. Thus, it was you who committed the red herring fallacy.

It had nothing to do with my quoting Bible verses. It was what you stated in response to me.
Posted by OzSpen, Friday, 6 July 2018 5:38:58 PM
OzSpen,

Belly stated that he would not tell God anything.
He would ask God several questions if he was to meet
him in person. Belly then
explained his questions. You replied to Belly
that God had already answered those questions and
you proceeded to quote from the Bible to Belly -
telling him that this is what God said.

I questioned the fact that not everyone
believes the Bible is the literal word of God.

You accused me of the "red herring" fallacy. How so?
The red herring fallacy refers to an argument that
is not relevant to the issue being discussed.

My questioning your claim that the Bible is the
literal word of God (you quoted from it in answer to
Belly's questions) is very relevant and not a fallacy
at all. You can't claim something to be true - and
quote from the Bible as proof of what you're saying
and when someone calls you out on it - come up with
the "red herring fallacy." Nice try . Not buying it.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 6 July 2018 6:57:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26