The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > RIP Fair Go Mate?

RIP Fair Go Mate?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Belly, are you aware GST is only paid by the end user, as all ABN holders, paying GST on claimable goods, get their tax back.

A financial transaction tax is worth a look, but no one seems to have the balls to implement, or even put it to the pub test, for some reason.

Finally, if you are of the opinion that unions don't have a lot to do with casualisation of our workforce, then you believe that mate.

I guess we can agree to disagree on that one, but do remember, ive been an employer in small business for almost 30 years, so I do have a fair idea of whats gone on.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 21 June 2018 8:59:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sadly Foxy, we haven't had any "leaders" in this country for many, many years. The current crop is dismal to say the least.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Thursday, 21 June 2018 10:52:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rechtub, yes aware, did you over look my term reform? it is my intention/hope and in the end a sure bet, that true fair tax reform will come with the reformer and that every cent should face GST it could, my maths are not brilliant, even be the only tax the world has, different rates for products we must use say fuel?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 22 June 2018 6:15:08 AM
belly, if you put gst on every item purchased by big business, and take away input credits, prices will simply go up because they wont sit back and allow their profits to be eroded.

In my opinion we need a tax that taxes money movement,(financial transactions) not people/entities. Anything else is just adding to the cost base, and intimately end user/consumer prices.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 22 June 2018 9:02:46 PM
Rechtub maybe we are talking about the same thing, let us be honest we are not the people who would put this together we lack that skill, but here is what I am on about, a tax, just maybe the only tax, on every dollar spent/used, not the profit that leads to tax avoidance,every one pays, no exceptions, even for religions,stop every form of tax avoidance, in the end our current system lets the very very rich avoid tax, not even close to fair
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 23 June 2018 7:43:00 AM
Belly,

The "fair go" is not dead it has evolved. Reducing the suffocating interference of the government and unions has led to a vastly improved standard of living for all Australians. The real income of the lowest quartile has improved more between 1996 to 2006 than in any other decade in Aus history.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 25 June 2018 10:41:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy