The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What qualifications should a country's leader have?

What qualifications should a country's leader have?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. 21
  14. All
Can any one help? just tell me if you can, how could Australia ever return to the white Australian one? world wide, maybe the powers that be? population integration has already taken place, who could stop it? if my view we can not is true are we better to hate each other or find ways to live together? here I put my sin on the table, I think every faith divides humanity, that no country ever should let any faith have any thing to do with government,and yes! I would send some home instantly, not race not faith but true idiots,200 years from now we may see humanity has learned to live together, let us hope so hate never works
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 June 2018 6:42:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
This is the question all the decent humans ask themselves all the time. Where does all this hate originate ? In my opinion hate is generated by self-centered people who would yearn for peace but on their terms only.
Most hate in Australia today stems from the "you owe me a living" groups who, instead of contributing to the Nation's coffers, are the #1 exploiters of the decent people who actually know that peace can only ever be cornered if everyone contributes. Now, who are these people who use but don't contribute ? Where do they get so indoctrinated with the gimme, gimme mentality ? When those who produce get sick & tired to keep the hangers-on with ever increasing fees & charges, they're branded Right Wing rednecks.
Well, better a red neck than their brown one ! Most decent people don't see the need for perpetual moral grand-standing whilst holding out their hands for more for nothing in return. Some are actually so absorbed in their own importance that hey actually believe that the rest of us owes them simply because they think they have intellect. Intellect is only of any worth if the intellectual can make use of it & not depend on others. My old mate, may he rest in peace, used to say "intellectuals are lagely ineffectuals". Now, how often do we get to hear such profoundly accurate assessment ?
This is why we need leaders who are intelligent & decent enough to see what's needed & not what the ignorant intellectual idealists think they see through their rose-coloured glasses.. Leaders are people who are not indoctrinated by elitist self-overrating & who don't depend on ego approval at every turn.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 19 June 2018 7:33:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the world you see, and live in Indy is not one I can ever see,self interest is a problem, but just think if every one of us put ten dollars a week, in to helping others?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 June 2018 1:54:23 PM
individual,

If you feel so strongly about things make
your vote count at the next election.
Or better still join a Party that you do
approve of and work towards getting them
elected. Actions speak louder than words.
And who knows you just may succeed in
getting what you want. But at least you'd
have done more than just winged and complained.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 19 June 2018 2:02:33 PM
' Leaders are people who are not indoctrinated by elitist self-overrating & who don't depend on ego approval at every turn.'

well Individual that is why Trump is so successful and hated so much of the elitist swamp. Imagine we had him in charge of Indigeneous affairs in Australia. Instead of crying before the cameras and pouring millions more into corrupt organisations, I suspect he would diminish the child abuse, the corruption among agencies and the rewriting of history. Everyone would be better off except the victim industry and the professors making money out of lying.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 19 June 2018 2:32:20 PM
join a Party that you do approve of and work towards getting them elected.
Foxy,
Sounds idealistic enough but reality throws a spanner in the works as usual. You see, the system of Government does not permit a voter to vote more than once, but in order for concerned voters to get their views through, they'd need to vote for two or thee parties & that as I said is not allowed under the guise of Democracy.
No one party addressess let alone sees fit to address the issues that would help more than just their supporters. That is the fundamental tunnel vision problem.
How many people voted to support their preferred party only to be let down time after time.
How many times do oppositions sabotage a Governments efforts to achieve something worthwhile ?
I think 95% of the nation's taxpayers would welcome tax reform but is it happening ? No! Why not ? Because a handful of greed mongers object. Very democratic indeed.
Should a politician with integrity ever enter politics he/she would be so victimised that they'd have no choice but give in to status quo by the status quo electorate.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 19 June 2018 2:33:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20