The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Glimmer Of Hope For The Future

A Glimmer Of Hope For The Future

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
James Falk, in The Spectator of 4th. June, suggests that “The indoctrination factories may be less effective than we fear” ; the 'factories’ being schools which are “are like medieval villages run by humourless priests”.

Many of us are here are probably out of touch with kids, parents and schools, but Falk seems to have remained in touch. He tells us for instance that 84% of primary school teachers are now female, with 62% of secondary school teachers female. Male students, he says, are giving the “finger” to authority, with deliberately offensive jokes, and 'feminism’ is a dirty word with them. Even the girls are kicking over the traces on gender identity brainwashing, one saying that, as she can pick what she wants to be, she chooses to “identify as a table”. A boy refers to “social justice s__t"being taught. Another, force fed Green propaganda at home argues online against “progressive narrative”? There's spirit in kids yet!

An 11 year old complains that if she doesn't say what “she” (female teacher) wants, “I'll fail”. An early onset of cynicism. “Students now have to “suss out” their teachers’ political leanings to know what to say and who to trust”.

James Falk writes that these youngsters are “simmering”; so perhaps, sometime in the future, the yoke of neo- Marxism, political correctness and self- hating anti-everything-Western might be thrown off by a generation with more insight and guts than the last couple of generations have had?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 June 2018 2:18:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To my mind, this speaks more of family and parent indoctrination from the home base, overpowering the obvious madness of libertarianism (with its many shades of pink through to blue)

Trump rules, Koch brothers cry foul, as their stockpile of billions bleeds. Authoritarianism is the new flavour, and libertarian indoctrination of the public, is fleeing in disarray and total confusion. Christian Libertarians and Libertarian Christians coalesce. Sermons from the epistle according to Equality, have gone silent, and homosexuals check the rear view for protective reasons.

Testosterone is a new summer flavour from Streets ice cream, and girls are taking the mickey out of effeminate males as a sport. Boys refuse enrolment at all-boys high schools, in fear of brand “gay”. Children revolt.

God is not dead, the Christians announce from refreshed evangelical pulpits. The war against the libertarian media masthead, the ABC shows signs of victory; Greenism is dying if not dead, or at best in retreat.

The pendulum swings as it will!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 8 June 2018 8:12:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I guess they will just never accept that kids will be kids.
To rebel against authority and stick your finger up at society, like all good dysfunction kids require.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 9 June 2018 12:29:00 PM
AC,

Are you saying that kids who cock a snook at the extreme Leftism of educational "authorities" are dysfunctional"? It's hard to follow your train of thought sometimes. I'm not sure where you stand lately.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 9 June 2018 1:25:07 PM
Hey ttbn,
I guess what I was trying to say is that kids that are dysfunctional will always rebel against authority and whatever is forced upon them. They will laugh at adults and mock their ways, carefree and almost without any conscience, just for the sake of being difficult or obnoxious.
- There's always going to be pushback by some when they are forced to conform to things against their will.

Sorry if I seem harsh in my comments regards the Israel topic, I was initially trying not to comment but I get sucked in.
I did actually know that things were going on there for weeks unreported, I think I may have mentioned it once.

I didn't mean to be disrespectful if I was, I play pretty hard sometimes and push the limits of my free speech.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 9 June 2018 3:18:21 PM
kids that are dysfunctional will always rebel against authority
Armchair Critic,
I have long been trying to convince others that bright kids get dumbed-down in schools. This may or may not be deliberate, but the standard of teachers I believe is deliberately that low so the inevitable result being kids being dumbed-down.
When uninversities began to make money from students they needed a far greater pass-rate in order to attract students to their facility. Ever since then incopetence has snowballed.
The extremely tiny minority of really smart & intelligent students that could see thhrough the mist of money-making instead of teaching, then literally did their education their way & succeeded in becoming useful members & contributors to try & slow the diminishing standard of education at bay as much as possible.
These people are unfairly referred to as university educated.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 9 June 2018 4:38:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy