The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unions call for secure jobs, too little, too late, you can't say you were not warned.

Unions call for secure jobs, too little, too late, you can't say you were not warned.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Yes Indi, I find it ironic that the unions are using members funds to force their members into casual/contract work, while they (the unions) have secure full time work. Very bazar
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 11 June 2018 9:13:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rechtub even you can not justifie or prove your latest post, unions right now, are running a change the rules campaign targeting with other things increasing casual jobs, it will be seen as every bit as big as the anti work choice one, the anti union tool big money and its union, this government back is basically a tool to keep a section of fellow Australians on low pay and a lessor lifestyle so business can profit
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 June 2018 6:53:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When you really & sincerely want to to help people, you don't first of all live off their backs & secondly you don't ruin their prospects by destroying any prospect of creating more jobs. constant wage rise demands are killing industry but unions appear to unable to comprehend that. If unions really want to help this nation's workers then they should target the mismanagement of the public Service & the sabotage of manufacturing by it's members. Then, only then can the equality we all desire be achieved. I suggest for the unions to stop, look & listen before their next move towards unsustainability.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 June 2018 7:36:43 AM
indy sorry but your mind seems a dark place YES some in SOME unions have let the side down, such people are filth, but you see some thing that never existed and never will, unions started by workers are run by workers in the interests of workers and yes they formed the ALP so like this country's biggest union the current government, they serve their members
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 June 2018 1:22:45 PM
Belly,
I appreciate you want to portray the Unions in the the positive light they should be portrayed in for what they have achieved in the past but we're talking about now, in your & my lifetime.
I lost my job & had to leave Nth Qld because I couldn't afford to join the Union even though I told them I'd pay upon my next pay. That wasn't good enough for some insufferable obese moron called L....g.
As I said before, the unions DID an admirable job but not anymore. What is your opinion on asking for lesser Govt. charges instead of payrises ? If the unions did that it would make Australian industry compeditive again & in turn provide the employment that the modern unions are preventing. I'd be their greatest supporter if they had the interests of the Nation at heart not only a selected group of which they sponge of. I'm not asking for the world just some integrity & responsibilty, that's all.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 June 2018 5:46:11 PM
individual,
Would I be correct in deducing your experience with unions was more than thirty years ago?
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 12 June 2018 6:32:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy