The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unions call for secure jobs, too little, too late, you can't say you were not warned.

Unions call for secure jobs, too little, too late, you can't say you were not warned.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Hi there BELLY...

It's really great that you're back BELLY. Your defence of unionism is laudable however misplaced, when you try to juxtapose unions such as the CFMEU, with any other honourable group of unionists. I've belonged to a union all my working life (except in the Military), and I joined the Police Association upon being sworn-in, and all of our own free will. The NSWPA perform exactly the same functions as any other reputable union; advocacy, overseeing members conditions, salaries, support etc.

Whereas the CFMEU and other outlaw trade unions, are doing everything possible to drag the law-abiding unionists down, with their bullying ways and their 'gun at their heads' style of industrial disputation! Be advised BELLY, the days of the CFMEU and their cohorts, with their hitherto unfettered power base, together with their industrial muscle, are dwindling, from the whispers I've heard.
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 10 June 2018 12:13:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O sung wo! mate! I consider you that, but gee you insult me, see the thugs and mugs union, the CFMEU are a bigger threat to unionism the that lost Cash woman! and PLEASE, the ALP controlling faction came about to control that part of the very left such folk belong to,When Shorten was Australian Workers Union head, that mob took us to court trying to MUSCLE in on our membership,I my proudest moments have come standing toe to toe with them and winning, our rights to keep our coverage, their members becoming ours, and in no way are these leas ever running my movement or party, a workers has every right to be paid a fair wage Police too have a union, one I have marched with and supported
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 10 June 2018 12:32:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi (again) BELLY Old Friend...

Mate, if all unions and unionists were as ethical and decent as you, we'd never have a problem (EVER) with outlaw unions such as the CFMEU. As I mentioned in my initial Email, I've been a member of the NSW Police Association, the entire time I was a police member - over 32 years. And I couldn't agree with you more, we need unions and unionists for the protection of all workers, probably more so now then ever before. As I said earlier on BELLY my friend - It's really great to have you back.
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 10 June 2018 1:29:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A fact few know bosses often, called us/me to get the thugs and mugs off their back, even home invasions took place terrorizing wives,a bulldog in defense of workers I helped only if workers gained a benefit, and you would be surprised at just what country workers think about that union *every workers has the right to have his dispute arbitrated* Sir Robert Menzies said that, he also spoke about a wage they can live on
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 10 June 2018 3:47:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Doog, a late response to one of your posts and different pay levels for different tasks. Of cause this is what happens.

Take almost any industry, mine being retail. Why in the hell would I employ a fully qualified butcher to do things such as mincing, sausage making and cleaning. Prices would go even higher, and remember, the labour cost we are factoring in is half of what a builder or plumber does. Imagine the cost of meat if we were paying $50 per hour for butchers, and employing butchers for all tasks. On that note, imaging the cost of building a house without the use of low/unskilled labourers or apprentices, using only qualified tradesmen to perform every task including carting the bricks and clean ups.

So, having put that argument to bed, I now move onto being self employed. The best jobs I ever did were for bosses, one being working at a land fill, the other on a tropical island.
The reason I went into business was to make money, build an empire and provide a better lifestyle, although with competition and cost increases, the lifestyle is no longer a real attraction, in my industry at least because so many seek the cheaper option, even if they are knowingly costing local jobs.

Finally, some of our best ever customers have bee welfare recipients, because they have the most reliable income, and money in their banks seems to be a disease. But that's about to change with the new welfare system where they are not only restricted on what they can buy, but also where they can buy it.

Small butchers have lost the middle ground to the supermarkets, and are about to loose the bottom ground as well, because welfare recipients will no longer be able to shop with them, due to the changes. Of cause a small amount can be spent in cash, but take away gambling, ciggs and grog, that won't leave much. Top end is the only future for us, but that requires highly trained, highly motivated staff, and that's where it can get ugly.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 11 June 2018 8:12:10 AM
Unions were created when the Lords of industry screwed the working class just once too often. The Unions did an admirable job to give workers the break they so desperately needed.
Then, when all the good work was done, the unions didn't step back & say to themselves "we did a good job, all's good now, relax'. No, they could see power & money in being like ticks on backs of the workers. Unions have become extortion organisations & now are doing far greater harm than good by literally destroying the same people they're supposed to be helping.
All they do now is demand payrise after payrise without any consideration of the economic consequence to all. They have become economic terrorists using their members as weapons against infrastructure sustainability.
They were good but aren't anymore!
Posted by individual, Monday, 11 June 2018 7:26:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy