The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Can America be saved?

Can America be saved?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All
The very bad B grade movie Trumps America has become, has been coming for a long time,it has been trying to colonize the world in the interests of its own economic interests from its entry in to ww2,a country founded on migration, even famously telling the world to send its poor and suffering, it seems a different country now, is it worth saving? can any party make America UNITED again?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 2:21:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Truly think I have left my bias at home for this one, my generation knew we owed much to America, we mimicked them, followed them, thought of them as our heroes, Trump did not start that country.s decline, no not the rather silly tea party, it has been a long seemingly brain washing of it people as wealth became more important than people, for me at least America no longer is a country we should follow mimic or rely on.
Democrats contributed to the Trump victory by running an insider few wanted in Hillary, if there is hope it must be that they pick a leader who voters trust, and that post a big defeat Republicans return to a more moderate place in politics
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 4:17:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trump is saving America. 4% economic growth in 2018; jobs growth; better trade deals for the US; increase in defence spending; dumping the debilitating Paris Accord on climate; cutting US donations to the corrupt UN; pluckingly tackling North Korea; standing up to China; whittling away at the 3 trillion dollar debt incurred by Obama.

Outsiders and Trump-haters don't have a clue just how far down the gurgler the US was flushed by Clinton, Bush and Obama; nor do they know how angry voters were. Trump was/is the only hope for America, and it is extremely unfortunate that Australia does not have someone like him, because we are still going down the gurgler. Worry about Australia, not America.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 4:47:59 PM
post like the remind me we all have far different opinions, for that I am grateful and happy, Trump in my view will do more damage in his single term, it will be only one, than any American leader we have ever seen
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 6:13:56 PM
Trump's been flogged to boredom, let's ask can Australia be saved ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 6:20:44 PM
Dear Belly,

You're not wrong there.

Controversy, conflicts, and criticisms are part of his
worldview. And as a result American leadership on
environmental issues, free-trade pacts, peaceful
negotiations with emerging nuclear powers like North
Korea and Iran, and military alliances (in Europe and
Asia) are waning or have disappeared. China's role in
international diplomacy has increased. Europe and Asian
powers are now negotiating deals without Washington.

Domestically many Americans with lower incomes will have
a hard time with the assault on Obamacare and the efforts
to dismantle social care to pay for the new tax plan will
have disastrous affects. Harder to measure are the
consequences of Mr Trump's actions and attitude - for the
trust citizens now have in democracy both in the US and
internationally.

Can America be saved?

Hopefully yes, once this real-estate wheeler-dealer gets
kicked out. The sooner, the better.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 6:27:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy