The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another Big Mistake, Barnaby

Another Big Mistake, Barnaby

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Joyce was interested in ONE woman?
As they say in politics, somebody had better check the numbers.

The rumours around Canberra include his involvement with more than one staffer plus harrassment allegations from women on the Nationals Party in WA.
Then there was the teenage girl he had cornered in a public toilet while he was (typically) drunk at a Women's Country fair a few years ago.

That's why he was given the chance to make a quiet exit in case the whole story came out and it was better done now than just before the next election. Murdoch had a reason to lift the media embargo they placed on these stories for so long.

He didn't even have the sense not to try and drive across a flooded creek, writing off a government 4WD.
Posted by rache, Monday, 11 June 2018 1:34:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think the whole affair should not have been publicized like it was. I don't know about his financial assets, but he has one daughter under the age of 16, and now a baby and mistress, he will have to support. And his wife of course, who would be entitled to at least 50% of anything joint owned. I did not warm to them both, I loved the baby though, pretty little fellow. They say the fee is in trust, but one person will be responsible for it, they could touch it if needed.

I have met him, and to me he seems not too confident in himself. The irony is, 'if' the termination was suggested by anyone, especially those employed by the government,or a fellow politician. It would have gone against religious beliefs, and it is not legal in some states. If it got known she had an abortion it would have also ruined her career. Politics being what it is, if word got around with Mr B a roman catholic, it would have been an even worse political scenario.

I think Barnaby has found himself between a rock and hard place. He went against the allowing a zone around abortion clinics being protest free. 'Free speech' eh Barnaby.

I don't know what will happen. I don't think Turnbull or the Nats will let him say publicly, some are 'scum'.

If he was a parliamentarian in UK, he would have been forced to resign. But New England is a strange political arena. Tony Windsor lost support in some areas after he supported the ALP to be returned.

To attend Mass with his mistress less than a week after the televised interview, was another silly move.

Time will tell anyway.
Posted by Bush bunny, Monday, 11 June 2018 12:11:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well being a New Englander, I voted for him in Armidale. But he has not done much for New England, unlike our State member, Adam Marshall.

I did not vote for him in the bi-election though. He should have known. He doesn't have to announce dual citizenship in a State election. But being the type of man he is, he probably thought he was safe. I told him that I have dual citizenship being English, because when I arrived here we automatically got the right to vote being British. That changed in 1983, one had to be here X amount of years before applying for citizenship. And anyone wanting to join the armed forces had to become a Australian citizen too if they were born in UK or whose father was not Australian.

With Greg Maquire involved he was involved in Tony W's first election, loaning him a helicopter. Then a messenger about stepping down. And now with Barnaby get a house rent free, well it was initially. Also with Richard Torbay. (Tony had a hand in that too) Maybe he will advise B to step down too.

Who knows? Bit like a soap opera, waiting for the next installment.
Posted by Bush bunny, Monday, 11 June 2018 12:38:56 PM
individual,
"Are you trying to tell us that the insane media pressure by the insane media aren't getting people down ?"
Are you trying to tell us the Murwillumbah railway shouldn't be reopened? Because that's about as relevant to what you've said as your question is to what I've said?

(But since you asked: the answer is NO, and nor do I blame the media for the actions of Barnaby Joyce or any other politician).

"As far as Windsor goes, isn't it his self-serving that we are now copping the consequences of the Labor failures which in turn ensured that Liberal failures got to helm ?"
I very much doubt it. AFAICT his decision to side with Labor for that term was based on what he thought was best for his constituency and the country, and your labelling it as "self serving" is based only on your hatred of Labor rather than any advantage Windsor gained. IOW it's an insult, not a valid criticism.

Besides,
"Never once forget that elections aren't won, they're lost because of the incompetence & mismanaging by the encumbent"
Close, but it's based on perceived incompetence rather than actual incompetence."

"So, when an opposition gets into power what do they inherit & can't rectify ? Their own sabotage !"
There's a big flaw in that hypothesis: both major parties have been sabotaging themselves while in government!
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 11 June 2018 7:14:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Barnaby Joyce thinks that monogamy is what
dining-room tables are made out of.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 June 2018 8:23:18 PM
Foxy,
I don't quite get your gist in your last post because Barnaby is not an academic or is he ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 June 2018 5:56:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy