The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another Big Mistake, Barnaby

Another Big Mistake, Barnaby

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Apparently, Barnaby Joyce's $150k TV interview was a bit of a flop, one commentator saying that Joyce is now “loathed”, and his hopes that a “a cute inside peek at his new life would melt hearts” will not come about. The same commentator notes that feminists think that Ms. Campion has been “kidnapped” by Joyce, impregnated by him, and he is now holding her “against her will”.

The commentator seems to be saying that the feminists are doing their usual anti-man performance, as well as saying that Campion is a 'victim’ without a mind if her own.

Now that Barnaby has referred to members of his own party as 'scum’ for exercising freedom of speech, and there is talk of him being dis-endorsed before the next election, the 'tell all’ could be his last mistake - on the taxpayer dollars, that is.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 10:12:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ttbn

I think you need to take your apron off...the scones are cooked!
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 11:06:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are reports that Government members were encouraging Barnyard to have his girlfriend abort the poor child. Given the total hypocrisy of the holy than thou mob within the Coalition I would not be surprised at any such suggestion. Turnball's said he wasn't aware if it had been suggested.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 12:06:28 PM
He did not handle it well, and the cash for comment has only made it worse, but it could have been about thousands of men, it happens
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 12:50:59 PM
I don't believe in kicking someone when they're down.
The man has lost his top job, his wife and family,
and I'm concerned about his mental state. According
to magazine articles - his now partner arranged the
deal of the TV interview and made sure that the $150,000
paid to them was not going to be shared with Barnaby's
daughters. His wife apparently was initially approached
by channel 7 (and other channels) for an interview - to
tell her side of the story. She was offered up to - $500,000
to dish the dirt on Barnaby. She refused point blank.
Classy.

Barnaby's interview did not do well in the TV ratings.
And the sympathy they were looking to garner apparently
did not eventuate. Is his career over?
We'll have to wait and see.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 1:05:51 PM
How come the media suddenly helieves in faithfulness and keeping ones word?
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 1:51:02 PM
It sells magazines and newspapers?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 1:57:12 PM
Ar Foxy, spoken like a true bleeding heart. He screwed around, literally, and got caught out, deal with it.

Barnaby in my view is a male version of Pauline Hanson, rarely has a moment without a foot in his mouth, simply because when he does manage to remove his foot, he replaces it with the other one. He's a likeable goose, so don't get caught in to feeling sorry for him because he was presented with a golden opportunity, he just could not help himself so tough tittys I say.

In fact, this is part of the reason why society is in such a mess, simply because we feel too sorry for people who self destruct. Mental illness, of cause not all cases, is almost as bigger scam as those who claim to be their carers. Self harm has to come with its consequences and offenders have to learn to deal with it themselves and stop expecting others to fight their battles.

I know I come across as hard, but hey, I also know there are genuine cases of mental health, but this is not one of them in my view. This is simply an idiot who took his tax payer funded lifestyle for granted and came unstuck. Boo figgity hoo.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 4:06:46 PM
We love kicking people who are down, in this case Barnaby did it as a do it your self project
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 5:00:00 PM
Good one, Belly :)
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 5:02:00 PM
Dear rehctub,

Do you see his relationship with this woman lasting
as long as his marriage did - 24 years?

I could be wrong - but I'm not betting on it.
She seems very calculating - and no class.
unlike his wife.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 6:40:13 PM
The Joyce story was an open secret among Canberra journalists who were threatened with dismissal if they dared to break it.

For some reason, Murdoch suddenly gave one of his minions the all-clear to publish.

I suspect it was to give Joyce a relatively easy way out and Turnbull plenty of clear air before the next election.

Questions not asked include how many other staffers did he have affairs with (rumoured to be at least two) and his drunken harrassment of a teenager at a Country Women's Fair. She was cornered in a public toilet until her father came to her rescue.

Then there are the harrassment allegations coming from National Party women in WA. Despite his protests of innocence, no action was taken simply because of witnesses.

How about his estranged wife throwing all his clothes out on the lawn and running over them with a mower? That would have been entertaining if nothing else.

He is a known drunk and chronic womaniser and would have been an inevitable embarrasment to the coalition so he had to go sooner rather than later - certainly before his child was born.

He was also a lousy and ineffective Minister - not that it counts for much in the current regime.

The interview may have damaged the sanitised way he was allowed to leave but that's always been his style.
Posted by rache, Tuesday, 5 June 2018 10:52:45 PM
I see the relationship not lasting near As long as his one with his wife did
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 6:42:44 AM
Does anyone remember why Keating's missus did a runner ? That story would be several times saucier than Barney & his new girlfriend.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 6:17:45 PM
Dear individual,

Keating did the runner - not his wife.
She was devastated when he announced the
end of their marriage at a friend's dinner party
in 1998. It took her more than five years to get
over it.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 6:44:13 PM
Foxy,
Hmh, Thanks for the info but that's not what I was led to believe. Btw. who is his new woman, do you know ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 10:06:40 PM
Dear individual,

I didn't know he had a "new woman."

You'll have to elaborate on that one.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 10:10:04 PM
Foxy,
you kind of confirmed what the rumour mill said.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 7 June 2018 5:51:33 AM
A lesson can be learned by just observing our Barnaby Joyce,they love him in New England, every bit as much as they love Windsor, the man he replaced, it the Joe factor, his loud words not necessarily informed or right, bring voters to him, I do not like the bloke, think he let his family down, but how many Australian men have done this? How many Australian women have put the wrecking ball in to their marriage just like this? judge them as you judge this poor silly fool trying to regain his long gone youth
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 7 June 2018 7:40:36 AM
Belly,
You must admit though at least one good thing came of old Barney, he staved off Windsor thus preventing even more damage to the Nation.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 7 June 2018 3:22:44 PM
did not Bill Shorten do something similar? Just asking.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 7 June 2018 4:48:32 PM
As I said we will never agree on any thing individual, rather pleased with that my work took me in to that area often and workers business men and women loved Windsor, I do too, yes he went with Labor, but it is my view in doing so he grew another foot taller Gillard, her method of getting to the top irks me still and forever so while clearly biased not ever willing to stay silent on clearly wrong actions of my side had contact with her boy friend then now and forever he was an air waster
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 7 June 2018 5:59:33 PM
Joyce's biggest problem will be the fact that he's of no further use to Gina Reinhardt and will lose her financial sponsorship and support.

I suppose if he's ever short of cash he could sell those Gwebar properties he bought with insider information from his ex-Nats mates to cash in on potential coal fracking licences near the Pilliga forest.

This is the same land he agreed to sell when he was found out with a potential conflict of interest but mysteriously it's still shown in his Register of Members Interests 5 years later.

The proposed inand railway he was promoting also runs pretty close too.
How convenient.
Posted by rache, Friday, 8 June 2018 1:39:08 AM
How convenient.
rache,
Just as convenient as the lurks & perks in the Left dominated Public Service I'd imagine. However, two wrongs shouldn't make a right & I'd like the exploiters & users AND the architects of the loopholes that allow such misuse of public funding & insider trading harshly dealt with instead of condoning it.
Posted by individual, Friday, 8 June 2018 7:27:41 AM
individual,
What makes you think Tony Windsor would have been more damaging to the nation than Barnaby Joyce?
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 8 June 2018 12:55:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,
If you see the need to ask that question then there's a desperate need to open your eyes & mind. Windsor is nothing but a self-serving hanger-on like most bureauc(r)rats.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 9 June 2018 8:42:47 AM
Aidan,
Come to think of it, Joyce only started an affair with a woman that he liked, fancied, loves.
What bad policy decisions did he make due to this involvement ?
Isn't it fair to say that it was the media with the backing of the opposition that interfered with Joyce's ability to perform his ministerial duties ?
Windso on the other hand gave us a Labor Government.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 9 June 2018 11:22:53 AM
Barnaby has shot his blog in more ways than one. His party has asked him to reconsider his position in parliament. I doubt that they would call again on a hasbeen like Windsor, but there is talk of ex-leader, John Anderson, being recalled.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 9 June 2018 1:16:26 PM
Individual,

Am I right in thinking that your description of Tony Windsor as "nothing but a self-serving hanger-on" is completely unrelated to any objective criteria, and 100% the result of your animosity to him because of the decision he made in 2010?

Windsor had the choice between a Labor government and an Abbott government, and negotiated with both potential governments before he decided. Having now experienced both, I think it's safe to say he made the right choice.

Whereas Joyce is a dud. 'Tis quite sad, really - he was an excellent MP in the later Howard years, but now he's just an LNP stooge who seems to have lost the ability to think for himself. And he's so out of touch he's not even taking the issue of water theft seriously!

But AFAIK none of Barnaby's bad policy decisions were due to his personal affairs.
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 9 June 2018 2:28:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
none of Barnaby's bad policy decisions were due to his personal affairs.
Aidan,
Are you trying to tell us that the insane media pressure by the insane media aren't getting people down ?
As far as Windsor goes, isn't it his self-serving that we are now copping the consequences of the Labor failures which in turn ensured that Liberal failures got to helm ? Never once forget that elections aren't won, they're lost because of the incompetence & mismanaging by the encumbent. So, when an opposition gets into power what do they inherit & can't rectify ? Their own sabotage !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 10 June 2018 12:55:17 PM
Joyce was interested in ONE woman?
As they say in politics, somebody had better check the numbers.

The rumours around Canberra include his involvement with more than one staffer plus harrassment allegations from women on the Nationals Party in WA.
Then there was the teenage girl he had cornered in a public toilet while he was (typically) drunk at a Women's Country fair a few years ago.

That's why he was given the chance to make a quiet exit in case the whole story came out and it was better done now than just before the next election. Murdoch had a reason to lift the media embargo they placed on these stories for so long.

He didn't even have the sense not to try and drive across a flooded creek, writing off a government 4WD.
Posted by rache, Monday, 11 June 2018 1:34:32 AM
I don't think the whole affair should not have been publicized like it was. I don't know about his financial assets, but he has one daughter under the age of 16, and now a baby and mistress, he will have to support. And his wife of course, who would be entitled to at least 50% of anything joint owned. I did not warm to them both, I loved the baby though, pretty little fellow. They say the fee is in trust, but one person will be responsible for it, they could touch it if needed.

I have met him, and to me he seems not too confident in himself. The irony is, 'if' the termination was suggested by anyone, especially those employed by the government,or a fellow politician. It would have gone against religious beliefs, and it is not legal in some states. If it got known she had an abortion it would have also ruined her career. Politics being what it is, if word got around with Mr B a roman catholic, it would have been an even worse political scenario.

I think Barnaby has found himself between a rock and hard place. He went against the allowing a zone around abortion clinics being protest free. 'Free speech' eh Barnaby.

I don't know what will happen. I don't think Turnbull or the Nats will let him say publicly, some are 'scum'.

If he was a parliamentarian in UK, he would have been forced to resign. But New England is a strange political arena. Tony Windsor lost support in some areas after he supported the ALP to be returned.

To attend Mass with his mistress less than a week after the televised interview, was another silly move.

Time will tell anyway.
Posted by Bush bunny, Monday, 11 June 2018 12:11:52 PM
Well being a New Englander, I voted for him in Armidale. But he has not done much for New England, unlike our State member, Adam Marshall.

I did not vote for him in the bi-election though. He should have known. He doesn't have to announce dual citizenship in a State election. But being the type of man he is, he probably thought he was safe. I told him that I have dual citizenship being English, because when I arrived here we automatically got the right to vote being British. That changed in 1983, one had to be here X amount of years before applying for citizenship. And anyone wanting to join the armed forces had to become a Australian citizen too if they were born in UK or whose father was not Australian.

With Greg Maquire involved he was involved in Tony W's first election, loaning him a helicopter. Then a messenger about stepping down. And now with Barnaby get a house rent free, well it was initially. Also with Richard Torbay. (Tony had a hand in that too) Maybe he will advise B to step down too.

Who knows? Bit like a soap opera, waiting for the next installment.
Posted by Bush bunny, Monday, 11 June 2018 12:38:56 PM
individual,
"Are you trying to tell us that the insane media pressure by the insane media aren't getting people down ?"
Are you trying to tell us the Murwillumbah railway shouldn't be reopened? Because that's about as relevant to what you've said as your question is to what I've said?

(But since you asked: the answer is NO, and nor do I blame the media for the actions of Barnaby Joyce or any other politician).

"As far as Windsor goes, isn't it his self-serving that we are now copping the consequences of the Labor failures which in turn ensured that Liberal failures got to helm ?"
I very much doubt it. AFAICT his decision to side with Labor for that term was based on what he thought was best for his constituency and the country, and your labelling it as "self serving" is based only on your hatred of Labor rather than any advantage Windsor gained. IOW it's an insult, not a valid criticism.

Besides,
"Never once forget that elections aren't won, they're lost because of the incompetence & mismanaging by the encumbent"
Close, but it's based on perceived incompetence rather than actual incompetence."

"So, when an opposition gets into power what do they inherit & can't rectify ? Their own sabotage !"
There's a big flaw in that hypothesis: both major parties have been sabotaging themselves while in government!
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 11 June 2018 7:14:05 PM
Barnaby Joyce thinks that monogamy is what
dining-room tables are made out of.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 June 2018 8:23:18 PM
Foxy,
I don't quite get your gist in your last post because Barnaby is not an academic or is he ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 June 2018 5:56:22 PM
individual,

He's not too bright.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 June 2018 8:31:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy