The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A wage rise for the sake of it, but at what cost

A wage rise for the sake of it, but at what cost

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
How about attacking the show from this angle ?
Up to $49,999/year wage/welfare income tax excempt but still pay GST. That would in my book just about instantly pull many out of poverty & no-one else would be short changed because of it. The instant incease of small business turnover would stimulate the local economy.

From $50,000 onwards to 59,999 have 10 Cents flat tax & fom $60,000 to $99,999 have 25 Cents Flat Tax. Of these figures are merely a rough indicator but surely the amounts could be tweaked so no-one's paying more tax when earnig less than another. The may need to be a buffer zone with an amount that no-one can earn i.e. from, for argumet's sake $50,000 to $55,000 or whichever amount does not disatvantage the higher from the lower wage tax.
There could be an opportunity to raise the GST by 2-3 Dollars to fund an old age pension scheme. Superannuation should be voluntary & solely self funded, no wage earners should be contributing to public servant Super.

In my book of financial ignorance this would solve a lot of Welfare rorting & tax cheating but most of all it would provide one of the most important factors in society, it would bring back incentive.

Those who make themselves unemployable by grotesque appearance i.e. tatooing & body-pircing should sign a waiver for Welfare & that tatooist & the body piercer must countersign that waiver before going ahead with their work.

Drug abusers also (drug dependents excempt), extreme sports participants also need insurance.
Only if we create a user pays system can we create a more workable & fair society.

Public Service salaries frozen for three terms of Government & introduce a non-military National Service for anyone aged 18 & unemployed.

Business/Salary tax should be more than it is after all, they're making the big Dollars.
Outsourcing vital communications jobs to other countries should be illegal for security reasons alone. You hear Telstra, that means keeping our passwords in this country.
Posted by individual, Monday, 4 June 2018 8:46:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stop mad mass immigration and the wage problem will go away; so will much of the welfare burden.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 4 June 2018 10:29:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Immigrants pay more in taxes than the social services they
seldom use. And their incomes support our economy and our
standard of living - according to the Department of
Treasury and Home Affairs.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 4 June 2018 11:10:41 AM
Foxy Quote "Immigrants pay more in taxes than the social services they
seldom use." I believe that should be "Some immigrants" exactly what percentage I don't know plus if there is a figure put out by the Government I will bet it is inflated to perpetuate the lie for more immigrants.

Quote "Their incomes support our economy and our standard of living"
That one is pure BS people from Asia and non Western countries usually send a lot of there income home to support family back home.

Just do a search on how much money is sent from Australia to other countries by people also that does not include the secret ways of sending money overseas.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 4 June 2018 11:34:45 AM
I never understood individual and he will never understand me, national service? well of work of service to the nation, not in the armed forces,give every unemployed person a job, that serves the community,no welfare, for a fair wage, with training for full time work included, no work no pay,but please let the poorer of us consume, make the minimum wage a living wage.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 4 June 2018 12:21:28 PM
Doog,

you said It will not effect unemployment as half of these businesses are being subsidized by govt; now.

Please tell me which small businesses are subsidized by the government? I have a small business and get zero help from the government. I see large manufacturing companies get grants (Holdens etc) but NOTHING for small business.

Please enlighten us all
Posted by kirby483, Monday, 4 June 2018 1:26:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy