The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is your opinion on GM in Australia

What is your opinion on GM in Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Agro..as far as your link "http://gmopundit.blogspot.com/2006/08/teaser-for-genetic-roulette-caper.html"
is concerned, I have found only one response sofar thru all the blog articles, I wonder why?
Posted by eftfnc, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 2:22:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From your link eftnc:
"'I just don't like the idea,' said Monika Stahl, 31,",

Another gem:"In one sense, the supreme irony is that Amflora is not a food at all.......<snip> "You would think that this approval would have been easy since this potato has no seeds, no wild relatives to cross with in Europe, and only industrial use," said Ralf-Michael Schmidt, vice president of BASF. "But it didn't turn out that way."

"On a crop-by-crop basis, the scientific recommendations of the European Food Safety Agency are voted on by ministers from the 27 member states. Approvals bounce back and forth and ultimately arrive at the European Commission in Brussels when member states cannot agree.

"As a scientist I have a hard time understanding it, but this is how Europe has chosen to make these decisions," said Susanne Benner, communications director at BASF. "But it's hard when you see an innovative product go through the loops again and again. These decisions are not about science but about politics."

Yes, unscientific claptrap, but surprise surprise, POLITICS!

I still can't understand what point you are trying to make though.
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 2:52:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bugsy:The point I am trying to make is that we shouldn't just listen and look at what scientists are trying to tell us and that the majority is against unnatural approaches to our foodchain.
Posted by eftfnc, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 3:25:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is anybody listening?
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18168.htm
Posted by eftfnc, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 4:03:42 AM
Agronomist,
Talking to a conventional spray using farmer yesterday I was surprised to hear him say he DIDN'T want GM Monsanto Roundup resistant canola introduced .

He considers Roundup a handy Spray as it kills just about everything he needs to kill in his cropping program .

His Question was "what is going to kill the Roundup resistant canola ??".
He answered his own question by saying that " I will have to spray another type of chemical".

There should be an ALL encompassing inquiry into the Legal Ramifications of cross - contamination and use of GM crops and the associated Costs of Compensation .

In other words -who is going to Pay??

Unless this occurs, NO GM crops should be grown .
Posted by kartiya jim, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 9:01:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If that was the actual point you were trying to make eftnc, then the article you linked to about the potatoes was not a good one for it. I must say though, that the article was a good one and highlights the POLITICAL side to regulation of GM and how it ignores the science.

kartya jim, how much compensation do you think non-GM farmers will need? If they do "suffer losses", how much loss so you think they will suffer?
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 10:04:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy