The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hillary Clinton Says Something Sensible.

Hillary Clinton Says Something Sensible.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Mrs. Clinton has advised Australia to stand up to China and its efforts to “influence Australian politics. (Herald Sun 11/4/). When a lefty American Democrat says that, our own lefties and China apologists come up looking pretty silly.

Clinton finds China's aggression “insidious”, and it is threating to “eat away the fabric of democracy”. She also refers to a “hidden hand”, “buying off” politicians and “exercising influence”. It is imperative for the Australian government to protect Australia's interests. This should be a no-brainer, but given the comments about politicians being paid off, perhaps it is not.

She rather spoils it all by hoping that there will be (again) and American leadership to support Australia, but she is right on the money about China.

Apparently 5,000 are willing to pay $195 to $495 to listen to her tonight. I'll bet that they will hear more about 'Dreadful Donald' and how the brute, with the help of the Russians, dudded her ladyship at the election than they will about China.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 May 2018 1:01:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hilary and Julia. What a victimhood feast despite benefitting enormously by the system. Personally worth spending money on the ticket for a laugh or cry.
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 May 2018 4:25:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's the amount that the tickets cost that make me mad though. High end ticket sales for a speach that is suppose to be good for the audience discredits itself by the cost. If people were interested in helping or spreading a message, then it would be far cheaper or even free (possibly asking for donations). Instead what could the talks be about besides the giant paycheck?

That said, who knows maybe those high end politicians might start listening if one of their own kind spreads the news of danger.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Friday, 11 May 2018 5:44:11 PM
ttbn quote "Apparently 5,000 are willing to pay $195 to $495 to listen to her tonight."

I will bet the absolute majority if not all are paid for by big business corporations, who will then use it as a tax deduction.

Possibly some may be paid by Government departments.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 11 May 2018 11:24:37 PM
Wouldn't be surprised, PS. Most people wouldn't be daft enough to use their own money to go out to listen to stuff they can get for nothing (non-stop) from the media and the internet.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 12 May 2018 9:44:19 AM
We should pay closer attention to China. In Australia,
journalists, politicians, and scholars have been
sounding the alarm about Chinese efforts to gain
political power and manipulate policy outcomes. It should
therefore come as no surprise that the former Secreatary
of State warns us to pay closer attention to China.

In fact the US Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton closed
her Sydney tour with a sketch of the world order in 2018.
She strongly drew - on one side - Russia, North Korea, Iran,
and perhaps even China. And, on the other side - "us."

She suggested the deliberate spreading of misinformation which
characterised the lead up to President Donald Trump's election
win in 2016 was - "a clear and present danger to democracy"
and that - "it's right out of Putin's play book."

The former US Presidential candidate pointed to alleged instances
of "insidious and subversive" Russian cyber tactics influencing
events in Germany, France, Spain, and Italy. And as stated
earlier, closer to home - to China.

I wish that I would have been able to attend her event in
Melbourne. It would have been an engaging and exciting
evening. It's not every day that we are privileged to hear a
person of such high calibre share their knowledge and expertise
with us. Being there in person would have been awesome. It would
have made a huge difference. One has to simply
experience some things
for ourselves. For example there's a big difference between
reading a play, listening to music, and watching a live performance.
I know what I would prefer doing.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 12 May 2018 5:14:58 PM
Well said, Foxy.
Posted by JF Aus, Saturday, 12 May 2018 8:12:05 PM
http://youtu.be/xmXsPyyORIg
Skip to 7:20 or watch the whole thing.
You guys wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 13 May 2018 3:36:13 PM
Foxy,

What did you put in your tea?
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 13 May 2018 5:45:32 PM
Dear Is Mise,

It varies.

Sugar, lemon, honey or jam - depending on the type of tea.
With Earl Grey - it's usually just lemon and honey.
How about you?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 14 May 2018 11:14:50 AM
yep sugar, honey and jam can certainly spike your sugar levels making one funny in the head.
Posted by runner, Monday, 14 May 2018 11:48:15 AM
Yes, we should take that criminal Hillarie's advice & do some sabre rattling at the Chinese.

We could threaten them with our subs. Well we could if they could get past Darwin before needing a refit.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 14 May 2018 12:25:30 PM
Dear runner,

I acknowledge your expertise on - "funny in the head."

Dear Hassie,

The former US Secretary of State was merely warning us
to pay closer attention to China. Here in Australia journalists,
politicians, and scholars are sounding the alarm about Chinese
efforts to gain political power and manipulate policy outcomes.
That's not "sabre rattling."

What is "sabre rattling," and then some,
is the behaviour of the current US President.
And that should be a concern for us all.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 14 May 2018 1:18:25 PM
Tim Blair (Telegraph) has had a stab at tragics wanting to hear Gillard and Clinton paying an average price of $250, arriving at a take of $3 million. A good haul from the suckers, but “tactically ruinous”, according to Tim, who also thinks that aspiring female politicians must cringe every time “this pair present all their excuses for being denied continuing power”. They imagine that all women are as wet and pathetic as they are - or were, because they will never be back.

Apparently all the audience got was what they could have read in a book, now remaindered for $1.99.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 May 2018 1:52:36 PM
' Dear runner,

I acknowledge your expertise on - "funny in the head."'

yep Foxy one of the kinder things said to me.
Posted by runner, Monday, 14 May 2018 2:45:33 PM
What has Hillary Clinton been convicted of?
Posted by JF Aus, Monday, 14 May 2018 3:43:22 PM
JFAus,

You don't indicate who your question is directed to, but as far as I know, she hasn't been convicted of anything. Has anyone suggested otherwise.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 May 2018 3:56:42 PM
ttbn,

Over page 2 Hasbeen calls HC "that criminal".

I seem to remember something about innocent until proven guilty.
I am sick and tired of all the accusations in false news and unsubstantiated comment, especially that which is wasting so much time.

Why can't there be integrity on this site? Including justice.
Posted by JF Aus, Monday, 14 May 2018 4:05:02 PM
"Apparently all the audience got was what they could have read in a book, now remaindered for $1.99"

That's a bit expensive!!
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 May 2018 4:36:24 PM
'Why can't there be integrity on this site? Including justice.' you mean like that shown to Trump with all the Russian myths.
Posted by runner, Monday, 14 May 2018 4:39:16 PM
JF Aus,

Fair enough. But have you not heard of 'over-egging the pudding' and hyperbole (pronounced by Julia Gillard as hyper-bowl). We all exaggerate sometimes for effect. Hasbeen is a pretty smart bloke, and he knows that Hillary doesn't have a criminal record, as we all do.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 May 2018 5:46:33 PM
Trump said he would see HC in jail. Many people lack respect for HC. Why is that so?
Posted by JF Aus, Monday, 14 May 2018 6:15:18 PM
I was half watching TV early this evening, and whatever the program was had Trump, during the election campaign, threatening to put Clinton in jail. So far that is the only thing that he promised to do that he that he has not actually done. Perhaps he found that there was no reason for her to be locked up after all.

Why do many people lack respect for Clinton? Well, respect has to be earned and, perhaps, people don't think she has done that. But, seriously, does anyone respect politicians. I know that I don't.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 May 2018 10:10:12 PM
It seems lack of respect for HC results from many people blindly following false news and gossip and then not thinking for themselves.

Trump is yet to present evidence of any illegal doing by HC and he is also yet to produce evidence Iran has lied as Israel claims.

Making America great again as Trump said he would do seems to be a promise going backwards with hard won peace agreements being pulled apart.
Posted by JF Aus, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 7:07:33 AM
So, you like the loser, Clinton and dislike the winner, Trump. The American electorate thought the opposite. I don't know why Australians are obsessed with Trump or American politics. Our relationship with that country will not change no matter who the president is. We need to concentrate on the absolute mess of our own politics.

Recently, I heard a Trump-hater - another Australian whose opinion of the man is totally irrelevant - say that Trump is president only because of the system (which she doesn't understand any better than other non-Americans).Well, baby, it's exactly the same system that got Obama into power, along with Bill the Perv and the entire line of Democrat presidents in the past. So, what's the next excuse for Trump's presidency - apart from the obvious: the voters wanted him.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 10:48:46 AM
And by the way: America with Trump is not going backwards, but forward like it hasn't for a long time, and Trump is fixing Korea, something that nobody has attempted since the Korean war ended. And, I forgot to mention that the Left and the gutter press can't get used to the phenomenon of a politician actually doing what he said he would do; apart from locking up Clinton, which he might still be working on for all we know.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 10:55:08 AM
In his victory speech Donald Trump praised Hillary Clinton's
hard fought campaign and thanked her for her public service.

"Now its time for America to bind the wounds of division,"
he then said, promising to be a President for all Americans.

But one year on, the US is as divided as ever.

The majority of Americans did not vote for their President.
Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by a margin of
2.8 million.

It will be interesting to see whether Mr Trump will be able
to succeed using the same tactics in the next American
election.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 11:45:33 AM
' Many people lack respect for HC. Why is that so?'

two words 'planned parenthood'

the legal and encouraged ripping apart of unborn babies. At least Trump has the decency to reverse this babaric isis type practice.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 12:03:28 PM
Oh Runner...You really don't have a clue. It seems you have forgotten what happened to all the unwanted babies back in older times.

Clinton won the popular vote so that simply proves you wrong!

The US system is totally broken! Money buys influence all through it. It is about to come crashing down if the investigators are allowed to follow through.

Has Trump laundered money through his properties? Definitely watch this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJzf6eUSWA

One for Runner to remind himself...Allegations that Trump mocks Christians who voted for him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snKpVv71VS0

Clinton on "Tough on Banks"?...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSgNj94L2fc

Trump may have paid off more women...Guilliani doesn't deny it is possible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ER3Z1m9zuc

Clinton and the Clinton foundation... Definitely watch this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApcqXijVzYU

The US system is so badly affected by foreign money and what should be proven to be illegal practices that the rest of the West should be very wary of them.

Trump alleged the other day that there were at least 5 investigations into the Clinton foundation... I hope he is correct.

Now we hear this regarding alleged buying of influence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a10dbHCtsmc

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGuauaRUe8

There is no way of getting the USA together when the stench goes right to the top of both parties. Both will use the stench about their opponents to divert the stench away from themselves.

America is totally broken!
Posted by Opinionated2, Thursday, 17 May 2018 10:41:04 AM
Runner, Are you one of these nutjobs?

Do you have a death wish for the world?

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-eastern-prophecy-is-trump-a-reincarnated-king-cyrus-destined-to-herald-the-end-of-days/news-story/8fce69eacebd929b482ee00c895f37dc

Look it's from the same people who bring you Fox news and our ex-man Murdoch so it must be right wing and therefore true...lmao

Are the religious nutters taking over the asylum?

I hope Trumps ego won't let him destroy us all! He has spent too much money taking Rogaine to allow a mere nuclear winter to ruin his follicly challenged head...lmao
Posted by Opinionated2, Thursday, 17 May 2018 11:33:40 AM
OP2

when are you going to get over the fact that you don't and will never make the rules for this earth. Arrogant kings and god deniers end up in the grave. Your pathetic misrepresentation of the only God who can save and your puny fist is nothing short of atrocious. Get over it, God will always be God despite man's pitiful attempts to dethrone Him. Have they progressed in 'science' from the pitiful big bang and evolution fairytales? Surely no dogmas as laughable and pathetic as these could still be held to by your high priests.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 17 May 2018 12:49:36 PM
Sorry Runner but I'm an insignificant sinner and I need blessed godly people like you to show me greater truth.

All those other religions have tricked me in the past. I realise you are correct and they are all wrong but I am sorry I need proof so to be able to trust you.

I can tell by what you type that you have so much faith it is far greater than just a grain of mustard seed. You have a pickle jar full of grains of mustard seeds for your faith.

Can you prove to me that you have the faith you claim, a simple thing for someone with as much faith as you.

Prove all these doubters wrong who keep tempting me with their sinful posts and cure all the amputees in the world.

Jesus promises me it is OK because he says

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, ALL THINGS are possible to him that believeth.

But I don't have your pickle jar of faith, regretfully.

John 14:12-14 Very truly I tell you, WHOEVER BELIEVES IN ME (JESUS) will do the works I (JESUS) have been doing, and THEY (You guys) WILL DO EVEN GREATER THINGS THAN THESE, because I (JESUS) am going to the Father.

And WHATSOEVER YE (You believers) SHALL ASK IN MY (JESUS') NAME, THAT I (JESUS) WILL DO, that the Father (GOD) may be glorified in the Son (JESUS).

If ye (You believers) shall ask ANY THING IN MY (JESUS') NAME, I (JESUS) WILL DO IT.

Please prove all these sinners wrong with your huge faith and prayer, just so I know I can trust you.

I don't have a high priest but Jesus did say test people claiming what you claim.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

UNDERSTAND I'm only following Jesus.

The USA is corrupted by people who buy politicians...so we need the Christians to at least follow Christ and they don't!

BLESS YOU! Runner.
Posted by Opinionated2, Thursday, 17 May 2018 4:33:34 PM
Oh it looks like runner did a runner...'He probably has his hands full using that massive faith of his, (a pickle jar full of grains of a grain of mustard seed), to report on all the people he has healed with his prayers...lmao

Now back to the topic at hand...

Recent developments regarding Cohen allege that he was charging people for access to trump. This is exactly what the Clintons have been up to.

This also happens in Australia and you wonder what benefits flow to the people who buy this access?

Of course politicians will justify all things but we taxpayers don't get anywhere near the same access.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-24/nsw-liberal-party-disguised-political-donations-free-enterprise/7272446

or this open admission

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jan/17/minerals-council-says-it-makes-political-donations-to-gain-access-to-mps

Gee some politicians have such low standards that they get allegedly leave from high paying jobs over alleged helicopter useages etc.

The problem is someone has to find out what the pollies are up to through a leak or scouring thousands of documents.

Now you can guarantee that if Labor weren't up to similar things as the Libs they would initiate a full investigation into what the parties have been up to but of course that won't happen.

That's why political bias is such a stupid thing to have. Your biases make you as dishonest as the pollies and that is hardly a great reference on your CV of life...lmao

Middle politics is where we all should stay and have huge investigations into our political parties every 5 years to out the corrupt practices they will all have.

Viva La Centre!
Posted by Opinionated2, Thursday, 17 May 2018 11:28:55 PM
Amen
Posted by JF Aus, Friday, 18 May 2018 6:39:45 AM
Opine 2, we meet again. You remind me of a friend of mine, friend loosely I would not trust him one bit. He is the perennial malcontent.It is OK doubting our governments, and the Bible, and quite honestly if you feel there is corruption in any level of government or bureaucracy it is your duty to report it to some independent authority. You have to state facts not hypotheses. Proof not innuendo, that's slander or libel.

I don't like Clinton or Trump, I liked Obama. I mean to say fancy saying don't trust Russia, North Korea, Iran and China. Geesus, come on, we don't. But China is our biggest trade partner. So we conduct business with them. Before the last global financial crisis, America owed China billions maybe trillions.

Hasbeen, what a laugh about the subs. Yes quite right. We can't compare our Country with all those or America. We are too small our populations and topographies, climate, a 23 million population against a billion, and 360 million in the US of A.

And - don't forget who were our allies during WW2. One can count China in that. Now Putin is one of the richest men in the world, egotistical, and is playing the out of tune piano in China. I don't think we need to get unnecessarily paranoid. Seems China and the US have really never got on. But Aussies are not fools either.
Posted by Bush bunny, Wednesday, 23 May 2018 5:52:13 PM
Well said, Bush bunny.
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 23 May 2018 7:17:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy