The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hillary Clinton Says Something Sensible.

Hillary Clinton Says Something Sensible.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Mrs. Clinton has advised Australia to stand up to China and its efforts to “influence Australian politics. (Herald Sun 11/4/). When a lefty American Democrat says that, our own lefties and China apologists come up looking pretty silly.

Clinton finds China's aggression “insidious”, and it is threating to “eat away the fabric of democracy”. She also refers to a “hidden hand”, “buying off” politicians and “exercising influence”. It is imperative for the Australian government to protect Australia's interests. This should be a no-brainer, but given the comments about politicians being paid off, perhaps it is not.

She rather spoils it all by hoping that there will be (again) and American leadership to support Australia, but she is right on the money about China.

Apparently 5,000 are willing to pay $195 to $495 to listen to her tonight. I'll bet that they will hear more about 'Dreadful Donald' and how the brute, with the help of the Russians, dudded her ladyship at the election than they will about China.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 May 2018 1:01:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hilary and Julia. What a victimhood feast despite benefitting enormously by the system. Personally worth spending money on the ticket for a laugh or cry.
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 May 2018 4:25:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's the amount that the tickets cost that make me mad though. High end ticket sales for a speach that is suppose to be good for the audience discredits itself by the cost. If people were interested in helping or spreading a message, then it would be far cheaper or even free (possibly asking for donations). Instead what could the talks be about besides the giant paycheck?

That said, who knows maybe those high end politicians might start listening if one of their own kind spreads the news of danger.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Friday, 11 May 2018 5:44:11 PM
ttbn quote "Apparently 5,000 are willing to pay $195 to $495 to listen to her tonight."

I will bet the absolute majority if not all are paid for by big business corporations, who will then use it as a tax deduction.

Possibly some may be paid by Government departments.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 11 May 2018 11:24:37 PM
Wouldn't be surprised, PS. Most people wouldn't be daft enough to use their own money to go out to listen to stuff they can get for nothing (non-stop) from the media and the internet.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 12 May 2018 9:44:19 AM
We should pay closer attention to China. In Australia,
journalists, politicians, and scholars have been
sounding the alarm about Chinese efforts to gain
political power and manipulate policy outcomes. It should
therefore come as no surprise that the former Secreatary
of State warns us to pay closer attention to China.

In fact the US Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton closed
her Sydney tour with a sketch of the world order in 2018.
She strongly drew - on one side - Russia, North Korea, Iran,
and perhaps even China. And, on the other side - "us."

She suggested the deliberate spreading of misinformation which
characterised the lead up to President Donald Trump's election
win in 2016 was - "a clear and present danger to democracy"
and that - "it's right out of Putin's play book."

The former US Presidential candidate pointed to alleged instances
of "insidious and subversive" Russian cyber tactics influencing
events in Germany, France, Spain, and Italy. And as stated
earlier, closer to home - to China.

I wish that I would have been able to attend her event in
Melbourne. It would have been an engaging and exciting
evening. It's not every day that we are privileged to hear a
person of such high calibre share their knowledge and expertise
with us. Being there in person would have been awesome. It would
have made a huge difference. One has to simply
experience some things
for ourselves. For example there's a big difference between
reading a play, listening to music, and watching a live performance.
I know what I would prefer doing.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 12 May 2018 5:14:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy