The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dual Citizenship Revisited (2nd revisit)

Dual Citizenship Revisited (2nd revisit)

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
ttbn,

I'll reiterate.
The purpose of referendums (note, not 'referenda') is to ascertain the will of the people on a political question, therefore they cannot be won or lost or be unsuccessful.
When the will of the people becomes clear, by the questions being accepted or rejected then the referendums have been successful.

As regards "...My information was based on official documents using official language."
then the information was wrong.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 May 2018 12:04:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Isobel,

You mean 'iterate’ because this is the first repeat of your wisdom. You are right about 'referenda, though.

You really are a piece of work, stating that information I have gleaned from professionals is 'wrong’. It's a waste of time trying to discuss anything with a person with your head size. I would like to be able to help you, but who am I to persevere with someone determined to continue proving her ignorance.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 May 2018 1:20:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

Don't put too much faith in what Governments do or say.

Remember the Millenium celebrations in 2000?

They were held one year too early; the whole World got it wrong except for a few thinking people.

The ad hominems weaken your argument and I'll stick with 'reiterate'.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 May 2018 2:07:32 PM
Is Mise,

Thanks for the advise, but I've been around long enough to know who I can “put faith” in and who I cannot.

Your reference to 2000 has nothing to do with referendums, and you are now hiding behind the old ‘ad hominem’ whinge indicating it's time to call it a day.

Stick to using 'iterate’ incorrectly by all means. No skin off my nose. I will heed your advice, however, (after a Roget check) and never use 'referenda’ again, as it is clearly not the plural of referendum. Some of us are able to admit that we are wrong when we actually are
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 May 2018 4:14:58 PM
ttbn,

" Some of us are able to admit that we are wrong when we actually are"

Good for you; you probably have a lot of practice, suggest you look up 'iterate' and 'reiterate'.

You were telling us that you put faith in experts pronouncements so I mentioned the Millenium as a perfect example of why such trust is misplaced.
It had nothing to do with referendums but then referendums have nothing to do with dual citizenship either, not until one is held on the subject and the people are asked their opinion, which, to reiterate, is the purpose of a referendum.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 May 2018 4:33:11 PM
Issy, correct again the year 2000 was the last year of the 20th century and not, as ttbn and others believed the first year of the 21st century.
Just the other day a news reader, I am sure it was ttbn, stated that "Sydney had been hit by an "Arctic Blast" of cold air. I pointed out to the good little woman; "that's impossible, it was an 'Antarctic Blast' of cold air from completely the opposite direction" To add insult to injury I read the same thing in a newspaper, written I believe by ttbn. Sorry old sod, don't take a fence, steal the gate instead.

ttbn, one thing I'll agree with you on is, we should not spend $100m so a minority of jackasses don't get it wrong. BTW isn't Turnball's a citizen of the Cayman Islands for tax purposes. has anyone checked that out? Cory Banana and the Lovely Pauline, they are both from La La Land, so they need to go under the microscope as well.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 14 May 2018 9:45:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy