The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > China Getting Closer To Australia In A Real Sense

China Getting Closer To Australia In A Real Sense

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

It seems that I should bear that quotation in mind before I decide whether it is really worth starting a thread on OLO. I’m not sure if some people are being deliberately obtuse, or they just don't get it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 7 May 2018 5:31:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not sure if you meant me ttbn, but I was being honest and sincere when I said this:

"Why must I support the US and it's illegal global wars of aggression and imperialism?
Especially when I don't believe it's the right path?
Why and how am I wrong? - If I am?"

You're asking me to support a 'lesser evil' in supporting the US
- that I know is corrupt to the core -

It feels like a feces sandwich?
Where it doesn't matter which half of the sandwich I choose I'm gonna have to eat crap.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 7 May 2018 6:02:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

Who do you think will help us if not the US?

What are these “illegal global wars of aggression and imperialism” being waged by the US?

The US is no more “corrupt” than any other country, and it is a paragon of virtue compared with China, which thrives on corruption, denies its citizens democracy, and murders them by the hundreds annually for any offence it pleases. I am stunned that you hate America to the extent that you will not condemn China’s obvious aggression.

Your unreasonable hatred of our ally America has blinded you to the real threat from the Communist dictatorship of China, with which we have nothing in common, and with which we share no values whatsoever.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 7 May 2018 7:36:38 PM
Hi AC,

You may have a point, that China's “illegal global war of aggression and imperialism” has little to do with us, except perhaps the tariffs that it may charge on any goods travelling through its now-domestic seas, and the fact that militarising the Spratleys brings them closer to Australia by a couple of thousand miles.

And maybe you're right, that the whole thing may be inconsequential, the region is still far away from us, and there is little reason for us to pay any attention to what is going on so far from our shores.

No more than any concern we should have for, say, Czechoslovakia.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 8 May 2018 9:31:59 AM
Joe,

AC is talking about the U.S's apparently illegal wars, not China's. He is determined to maintain his rage against America, and he is just as determined not to learn anything China.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 8 May 2018 9:50:56 AM
I have heard a recording of a Chinese Navy challenge to an Australian aircraft.
The Chinese operator came up and ordered the aircraft to leave the area,
in a very firm voice and good English.
The pilot replied that he was an Australian aircraft in an
international free area and exercising
right of navigation; or words similar to that.
He was ordered to leave the area.

China has seized and declared an area right down to Indonesia and has
already had a confrontation in Indonesian waters with the Indonesian Navy.
As Bob Katter said last night, the Chinese are not coming;
they are already here. The Nth West of Australia is already owned by the Chinese.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 8 May 2018 10:06:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy