The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is freedom of speech being denied

Is freedom of speech being denied

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. All
//And I made Anzac biscuits a couple of weeks back. I usually put more oats and coconut in than the recipe recommends.//

Coconut? In Anzac biscuits? Dear oh dear. Truly the end times are upon us.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 26 April 2018 7:19:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ANZAC Biscuits:

Ingredients

1 cup rolled oats.
1 cup plain flour.
2/3 cup brown sugar.
2/3 cup desiccated coconut.
125g butter, chopped.
2 tablespoons golden syrup.
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 26 April 2018 8:56:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for that, Is Mise.

I decided against including the list of ingredients because they would have stuck out like dogs' balls. But since the recipe for Anzac biscuits already features on this thread, I guess we may as well have the list of ingredients too.

I'll be bookmarking this thread for next year's bake off.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 26 April 2018 9:36:11 PM
Seriously? You're all putting coconut in!?

I'm so triggered right now.

>:-(
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 26 April 2018 9:43:28 PM
Thanks Issy that is the standard recipe for ANZAC biscuits.

Just directing the topic back where it belongs, so some jackass said.

On the point of Coconuts and IQ. Most here would be familiar with the ground breaking research conducted by Professor Siegfried Von Ocenburger and published in the prestigious scientific journal the 1927 edition of 'The Boys Own Almanac'. The good professor conducted IQ test on a variety of fruits and vegetables, including coconuts. I would provide a link, but unfortunately my link button is broken at this moment, although you could try www... and.whattheforkisthisfoolonabout.com.....au, why you would, I do not know.

Professor Von Ocenburger concluded that the IQ of the average Coconut is 27, on a par with the average radish, and we all know how dumb the average radish is. I ask where does that leave coconuts? The answer is obvious, to be painlessly (no brain, no pain) desiccated and put into Issy's ANZAC biscuits, and shot at Turkeys. read the next paragraph.

p/s Professor Von Ocenburger, is now domiciled in the Bahamas, (who would go to Turkey), thanks to generous benefactors such as myself, you too can donate in the name of science at the above website. The Professor is presently into his fifth year of research in the Bahamas, into the ability of farm yard animals, including Turkeys, to operate heavy artillery and fire it at the smart people who like eating ANZAC Biscuits. So far his findings have been inconclusive, but research goes on. Evacuation may be necessary.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 27 April 2018 6:14:11 AM
//Thanks Issy that is the standard recipe for ANZAC biscuits.//

No, it's a bastardisation. The traditional Anzac biscuit contains no coconut. They were originally developed from a Scottish recipe, hence the oats. And lack of coconut.

Like the Waratahs Rugby Union team, a proper Anzac biscuit should contain no coconut. It has no place in the recipe, and you're all going to hell for putting it in. But don't worry, it's easy to be born again and get back on the right track: just ditch the coconut and substitute in extra oats.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 27 April 2018 8:11:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy