The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > An Orderly Translation From Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy is Not Only Inevitable But Necessary

An Orderly Translation From Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy is Not Only Inevitable But Necessary

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Luciferase, thanx for your contribution to this discussion and farewell. I trust that a person of intelligence and goodwill, such as yourself, will continue to investigate the facts and, hopefully, draw a different conclusion in the fulness of time. At the very least, get some PVs on your rooftop if you haven't done so already. Frankly, to coin a phrase, it's a no brainer!.

Here are two articles that acknowledge Germany's mistakes but outlines ways for Australia to avoid them. I highlight this comment from the second article, "The German example is by no means a blueprint for Australia. Australia has different natural resources, existing network and generation infrastructure and the lack of neighbouring countries to connect to".

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/australia-can-avoid-germany-s-renewable-energy-mistakes-20180312-p4z3zh.html

https://theconversation.com/what-can-australia-learn-from-germanys-remarkable-energy-transition-69648

Finally, to give you an upbeat sending off, please have a listen to this podcast emanating from the recent renewable energy conference held in Sydney. It's very illuminating and reveals the excitement and hope the breakneck development in renewable energy and storage is creating in both the business and domestic markets:

https://reneweconomy.com.au/podcast/solar-insiders-podcast-april-11/

How could one not want to get on board? :-)
Posted by GJOESQ, Thursday, 19 April 2018 9:27:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No doubt of it: GJOESQ is rather thick. He is called a zombie by a poster, and he thanks that poster. There is some powerful stuff being drunk, snorted, smoked and injected these days. The entire climate/alternative energy/subsidise-me cabal all seem to be on it.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 19 April 2018 10:03:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth, in response to your question in your post on April 15, “And shouldn't the amount of CO2 generated by one method or other include that produced in the production of those forms of renewable energy? How long would, say, a wind tower have to operate before it's countered the amount of CO2 used in making it? Or would this great day never arrive in its lifetime?”, I am pleased to offer you an answer to these questions via this very informative article published late last year: https://reneweconomy.com.au/solar-wind-and-nuclear-have-amazingly-low-carbon-footprints-study-finds-94129/

This quote from the article summaries its general drift, ‘"I continue to be amazed just how low the embodied energy use of solar, wind and nuclear power is, in comparison with others," study co-author Edgar Hertwich tells Carbon Brief.'

May I respectfully suggest that you use the great resources of the internet to research these issue yourself and post the results of your diligence here. :-)
Posted by GJOESQ, Thursday, 19 April 2018 10:53:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn, it's called polite respect. I refuse to engage in silly name calling. I generally find that it's a signal that the debate is lost by the perpetrator. :-)
Posted by GJOESQ, Thursday, 19 April 2018 12:03:50 PM
One of the things that we need are modern coal fired locomotives, they can operate independently of any outside power source. Electricity power failures do not affect them, the availability of imported fuel doesn't affect them and they can travel through deeper flood water than a diesel-electric or an electric locomotive.
They are however labour intensive, which means more jobs.

Win, win.

Here's a link to a Google page that has a lot on the subject of modern steam locos.
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=modern+steam+locomotive+developments&rlz=1C1CAFB_enAU718AU718&oq=modern+steam+locomotives&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.19048j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 19 April 2018 12:42:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
GJOESQ.

I’ll tell you what I base my opinion of Global warming on, observation.
Ive seen nothing! in the weather around the world in the last 30years that I
havent seen or experienced over my lifetime of twice those number of years.

I have watched the news for decades, so I see the weather events around the world as well and I dont see anything there, I havent seen before, either.
Plus the greens and left wing parties in Western countries, have seriously lost the plot,and their ideas are utopian and bizarre, which makes me sceptical of their extremist views. For example:-wanting to shut the grid down, immediately, in every state, if not sooner.
And, I have nothing against solar power, and I think eventually the right mix will come about naturally, without any help from the Greens, because new Australian homeowners, are putting Solar power panels on their roofs at a very fast rate since it became more affordable.
I dont believe,there is any urgency, whatsoever, to convert to solar, but that doesn’t mean I have anything against people having solar, to power their homes.
Talk to the big overpopulations in India and China if you want to reduce coal dependence. They are the ones driving world production of coal in such huge amounts. Not what the Greens want to hear, because it is Western countries they want to belt over the head, not the ridiculously, overpopulated countries, driving all sorts of environmental devastation. But global warming, I still dont believe in.
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 19 April 2018 11:24:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy