The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > An Orderly Translation From Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy is Not Only Inevitable But Necessary

An Orderly Translation From Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy is Not Only Inevitable But Necessary

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
They spread FUD around nuclear, of course, while failing to inform the public that scalable viable storage is a figment of the imagination.
Posted by Luciferase, Friday, 13 April 2018 11:49:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder if BJOESQ meant 'transition' and not 'translation' as he/she actually wrote. Not very academic, Hasbeen. I think he/she could be a kid, brainwashed at school, but not taught the English language and the meanings of words. The 'discuss' at the end of the first paragraph gives a hint; and, how about 'thanx' for 'thanks'.

I was particularly amused by his/her invitation to “.... post supporting links, papers, peer reviewed research to support your responses...”. Definitely an unformed, childish brain, I would think.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 14 April 2018 10:21:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Does it always have to get personal?
Posted by Luciferase, Saturday, 14 April 2018 11:35:42 AM
https://onestepoffthegrid.com.au/horizon-power-extends-off-grid-solar-storage-trial-remote-wa-customers/

Heavily subsidized and promoted poster-child stuff like this in the outback is touted as the way forward everywhere. A consideration of all factors going into decision-making surrounding such a project makes it clear it is not what would be considered scalable and viable on-grid.
Posted by Luciferase, Saturday, 14 April 2018 11:42:07 AM
Given the subject matter contains most of the answers, see: http://reneweconomy.com.au/frydenberg-takes-the-low-road-its-a-weak-neg-or-nothing-78470/

When we read the words "low road and weak neg[ative]" one can only believe that the incumbents and opposition have the same agendas afoot. One thing is certain, we won't see any inroads into renewable technologies until the last cubic metre of coal & litre of crude oil has been auctioned off on E-Bay for some ridiculous amount. The "Fossils" behind the fossil fuel mentality will see to that.

Pro renewable or anti Global Warming, no matter, we won't be seeing a change in the status quo with the LNP/ALP, there are simply too many vested interest groups with either party.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Saturday, 14 April 2018 1:25:08 PM
NEG = National energy guarantee

Frydenburg's "middle ground" requires renewables providers to provide reliable electricity supply, which they hate, of course!

I don't think conservatives are as wedded to coal as much as they are to reliable electricity, which coal ensures. I want Malcolm to broach the source which dare not speak its name lest he unleash FUD and fury that may undermine re-election. Perhaps he'll butter us up after it. I live in hope
Posted by Luciferase, Saturday, 14 April 2018 8:01:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy