The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would this have hurt the Greens in the recent Vic. elections?

Would this have hurt the Greens in the recent Vic. elections?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Paul.

Oy. Are you deliberately misunderstanding what I am trying vainly to get across ?

What's the use ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 15 April 2018 8:27:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Joe,

No I don't believe so, when you you make the statement "Thankfully the Greens will never get enough power to implement these ultimate aims". This implies some secret revolutionary agenda, which as far as I'm am aware, and I think I should know, does not exists formally or informally with The Greens Party. You have thrown a shot load of nonsense... quote;

"Such people (Greens) have a clear-eyed vision of the Utopian Future (which of course, in their own minds, the bogans don't have) and are not swayed by bourgeois concerns like sympathy for other people's lives or livelihoods - after all, one must not weaken in attaining the ultimate goal of supremacy over one's class enemies. How many times have we seen this virtuous purity already ? How often has it degenerated into a reign of terror, one it hs enough power ? And actually degenerated into some ghastly form of fascism, by whatever name one might give it ?" UTTER RUBBISH as far as The Greens are concerned! It might apply to your way of thinking.

Please explain what you mean by "ultimate aims" could read ultimate goal (see above), and what concrete evidence do you have to support this assertion that there are such clandestine aims within the Greens.

You are trying to smear the Greens by some broad association with Nazi Fascism and Stalinist Communism, I have not met any French speaking Greens so can't say about that one.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 15 April 2018 9:18:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Joe,

What makes you think that Paul deliberately misunderstands? Misunderstanding seems to come naturally to him.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 15 April 2018 11:04:11 AM
One wonders how the name 'Watermelons' came about?
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 15 April 2018 6:57:56 PM
//One wonders how the name 'Watermelons' came about?//

It's a compound of water & melon, on account of them being melons that contain a lot of water.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 15 April 2018 8:08:32 PM
I suppose some old bugger with a gun made it up. Been around for a while.

Issy, did you fire off a few shots this weekend. I was talking to an old Aboriginal bloke last night, we had a couple of beers with him at the RSL. Told me he never went to school in his whole life, grew up on the river bank outside of town in the Central West of NSW, out in the area I come from. Told me in those days they were not allowed to spend time in town, coppers would move them on. Wants to take his grandchildren back "home" and show them where he came from. Worked in Sydney same job for 40 years.

Didn't get much time to tell Mick about the revolution, as we were more interested watching the NRL class war between the Bourgeoisie from Canberra and the Proletariat of Parramatta. Mick popped in to watch the game. Mick is a Parra supporter and they crashed to their 6th straight defeat, the bogans are yet to win a game! He did think "T" was Aboriginal, until she explained she is Maori (who doesn't like football, in that case a definite candidate for the firing squad when the revelation comes) . He couldn't believe my wife "T" could speak fluent "native" as he called it. Said he knew some "native" when he was a kid but not now. Asked me, "can you also speak "native" as well", I said no, but I understand some words and phrases, like Joe is "hoha" and he made me "pukuriri".
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 15 April 2018 8:37:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy