The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ban Live Exports

Ban Live Exports

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. All
I've heard enough. Those of you bagging live sheep export are just plain stupid and totally off topic. You really want cruelty? Stand guard one night on a farmers sheep paddock, if your lucky you might see a bunch of dogs or a fox and watch what happens. You green idiots and your mates are so lacking you think like little children. On the topic of sheep ship ventilation. Have you ever even seen a sheep ship, up close, or at all? Just like a sheep 'crate', the trucks that transport livestock, are 'slatted', not fully enclosed, they have to be, because just like the ships, the truck drivers have to, every so often, check the 'load'. They employ the same routine on a sheep ship. As for the weather debate. I can't believe you people did not think that if it's summer down under then it's winter up top. So if it's summer up top then it must be.......wait for it........... winter down under. So what have we learned today? If it's cold in one hemisphere, then it stands to reason it must be, what in the other hemisphere? HOT! Correct. BY George you guys catch on quick. So don't ask stupid questions. If a client has a particular request, whether it's personal religious or otherwise, the supplier quotes his price and the deal is done. Unless you goody-two-shoes are so concerned about the welfare of these animals, you appear to have all the time in the world, maybe you're uni students or just don't work and on the dole, then I'm sure the ships owners will let you go along with the sheep and take care of them and their welfare. Several good things will come of this idea. One is the animals will not die because you have these magical powers to make sure they don't and secondly, you will get an ocean cruise and see the world for nothing, and best of all we would be rid of some ignorant fu()wits for a while, and with any luck you won't return.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 13 April 2018 7:58:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Those of you bagging live sheep export are just plain stupid and totally off topic.//

The topic is 'Ban Live Exports'. I fail to see how discussing live exports counts as being totally off topic, but I'm not 'blessed' with your 'intellect'.

//You really want cruelty?//

No. That's kind of the point, ALTRAVing lunatic.

//Stand guard one night on a farmers sheep paddock, if your lucky you might see a bunch of dogs or a fox and watch what happens.//

What does this have to do with live exports?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 14 April 2018 12:55:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TL your another moron like your mate P1405. Your off topic because it's not the exporting of the sheep that is the problem, it's the death of the sheep and how cruel it is, according to the experts on this topic.
Again you twat, you call the transport of any animal and subsequent death by non physical or painless means cruel. Why do you display such an ignorant and arrogant attitude when you know full well your stupid badgering like your mate Paul is futile, when you know very well what I mean. Attacks by dogs and foxes is cruel! Duh. Dying because of heat exhaustion is not cruel by comparison as they did not suffer a painful death by being torn apart and getting pieces of flesh ripped off them. Now that's bloody cruel. No dying by heat exhaustion is sad, not cruel!The dic' describes cruel as, 'willfully causing PAIN'. You and your bleeding heart rent-a-crowd moronic mates, stop picking the sh!t out of peoples comments when you have even less to offer and what you do offer is not worth reading. Now sh!thead enough of the name calling, I too can work up a barrage of words that will expose you for the sniveling little man that you are. Or is it that your not a man but a 15 year old rebelling against ANYONE and ANYTHING. Because that's what you sound like. Now play nice and if you have any questions ask them nicely and just imagine that everyone else out there is not there to p!ss you and Paul off, they are just commenting about something. OK?
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 14 April 2018 2:58:57 AM
//death by non physical or painless means//

//Dying because of heat exhaustion is not cruel//

//dying by heat exhaustion is sad, not cruel!//

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 14 April 2018 9:36:25 AM
ALTRAV,

As the person who started this topic, I would like to point out to you that the live export of sheep IS the topic; it is the ONLY topic, the actual killing of sheep has nothing to do with the topic. I would also like to point out that I am not a 'green idiot', as you appear to have taken me for; in fact, I am generally regarded as one of the more conservative posters on OLO.

Perhaps you might like to rethink your ill-considered abuse? You might also like to give thought to the fact that you might be locked-in, inhumane thug and extremist if you think people have to be green or left to object to cruelty to animals?

I have to say that, in this case, you have shown yourself to be an embarrassment to the conservative side of politics.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 14 April 2018 10:01:45 AM
When it comes to money we are officially in the animal cruelty business.

Whistleblowers providing proof of cruelty are now subject to prosecution and Barnaby Joyce has made it abundantly clear that this government does not want to know about anything that might stand in the way of profit-making. If that video was shot on Australian soil the cameraman would be up on criminal charges.

As for the Gillard 2011 temporary halting of live exports, here are some forgotten facts.

It was done to prevent international cattle export boycotts which were a real possibility at the time.

2011 was a bad year for graziers, but that was due to the devastating drought followed by a severe wet season.
Total live cattle exported in the first quarter dropped 34.8% on the previous quarter, the lowest since December 2007.

But that collapse occurred TWO MONTHS BEFORE the live cattle ban.

Straight after the trade suspension the industry improved. In September 2011, cattle sold to Indonesia was the fourth highest monthly tally on record and total monthly value to all countries was the third highest.
Sales volumes to all countries also shot up after the ban - up 39.8% and prices also up from $838.82 to $950.71 per head.

It's always been about money and politicians are happy to score points over animal cruelty but only when it's to their electoral advantage.

Let's see how Turnbull and Co weasel their way out of this one, both at home and abroad.
Posted by rache, Saturday, 14 April 2018 11:36:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11