The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ban Live Exports

Ban Live Exports

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
Another sickening expose of cruelty to sheep on 60 Minutes. When the hoo hah about 'poor farmers' starts again, remember this: live exports make up a mere 5% of the sheep meat market. We are merely pandering to the requirements of a rotten, cruel religion.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 10 April 2018 11:28:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OMG! I totally agree... BAN LIVE EXPORTS!

It seems no-one can do it without massive deaths and torturous conditions for the animals, and, we should simply accept it is not acceptable to treat animals so inhumanely.

As to linking it to the muslim religion only...Have you ever been on a farm?

Slitting the throats of animals occurs all throughout Australia, WITHOUT the pre-stunning of the beast like happens in abattoirs, on most farms.

You can single out the Muslims but the same things happens in Australia on good old animal loving anglo-saxon Christian heritage farms..also.

Sad but true... I have seen it!
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 3:16:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Have you ever been on a farm? I mean a big one, usually called a station? I drove by one and noticed literally hundreds of dead sheep on the sides of the road. I asked the owner what happened. He said you drove sheep and a certain number die. Now he was quite sanguine as it was his money rotting on the roadside but he would know!
Our problem is the inner city idiots and Walt Disney. People think sheep are people not herbivores with a herd instinct and a short life-span.
Also the shipping company loses money if their cargo dies! The current minister is a total loser pandering to the Disney fans. Just keep out of it!.
Understand, you do not know, sheep are not people and taking the livelihood of fellow Australian so you can "virtue signal" is despicable.
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 3:49:17 PM
Dear JBowyer,

I was on a property a few days ago and discussed the issue with a third generation sheep farmer. He was utterly disgusted with what had occurred. I will be sure to tell him you think he is a Disney princess.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 3:59:13 PM
Sheep, like most animals, like to lie down at the end of the day.
I didn't see any room for them to lie down on the ship, probably they have to stand the whole way as with some lying down, the rest can trample them.
I know that on the railway sheep were packed in to stop the possibility of trampling and it was part of the job of the train drover to go along, at stops, to prod any that were down, back onto their feet.

Personally, I'd stop live exports of animals that could be slaughtered here.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 4:25:50 PM
I'm surprised at the dismissive attitude some have about the well being of animals - even if they are off to slaughter. Animals are sentient beings and we are responsible for how we treat them.
Posted by HereNow, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 4:37:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy