The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unhappy Thirtieth for Malcolm.

Unhappy Thirtieth for Malcolm.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Yesterday marked a milestone in the career of Malcolm Turnbull, thirty straight losses for the Coalition in the ‘Newspoll’ equaling Malcolm’s predecessor Tony Abbott’s record, and he is likely to pass it next month.
Malcolm’s mates in the cabinet, including Julie Bishop, moved quickly to hose down speculation of a challenge, but the question is how long can Turnbull survive given these disastrous polls. I do not believe very long at all.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 10 April 2018 5:54:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Turnbull has stated that he wants Australia to be one of the top ten defense (euphemism for military) arms exporters. He wants Australia to get money for blood. Religious groups get excited about abortion and same sex marriage but accept the arms trade with equanimity. Where is the outrage? The world is awash with weapons. Where is the outrage?
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 10 April 2018 10:31:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm outraged David F...but remember the religious right are the gun toting hillbillys in the USA so why would it be any different here, other than the fact that they aren't allowed to have guns!

A good shootin apparently is a bit similar to a good hangin in olden times....lol

Even though Malcolm is a dead loss as a PM he is at least a little more moderate than Tony "Budgie Smuggler" Abbott.

I wonder what decisions Malcolm would have taken if he didn't have the loony right in his party.

As Malcolm Fraser once said words to the effect that "the liberal party are no longer liberal".

People blame Abbott for that but it happened under Little Johnnie Howard's reign is imbecile in chief.

You will note that the religious nutters in the party...Abbott, Abetz & Andrews, the three a-holes...OOPS amigos...are always siding up to each other in a non-Liberal but very conservative way. AS if anyone cares what they think.

The only good thing with Malcolm "Tax cuts for the rich" Turnbull is he is at least more moderate than the loony right but alas drifting loony right very quickly.

What's that saying..."He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas"...lmao Malcolm's been looking a bit itchy lately...lmao
Posted by Opinionated2, Tuesday, 10 April 2018 11:03:01 AM
//the question is how long can Turnbull survive given these disastrous polls. I do not believe very long at all.//

I think the voters are getting rather tired of the game of musical chairs for the office of PM. If Turnbull is under-performing, there is a well established procedure for removing him from the position: a general election.

What I find curious is why parties in opposition don't remove under-performing opposition leaders.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 10 April 2018 11:28:32 AM
david F,

Is 'outrage' what they are are calling hysteria these days?
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 10 April 2018 11:30:28 AM
I note that Joyce has said that Turnbull should give more thought than he has to his poll 30 embarrassment; that could be just a tit for tat remark from Joyce, but it's a good idea.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 10 April 2018 11:38:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy