The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > TRUMP INVITES PUTIN TO THE WHITE HOUSE.- GOOD THING OR NOT?

TRUMP INVITES PUTIN TO THE WHITE HOUSE.- GOOD THING OR NOT?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. All
To Foxy.

The refugee issue is overwhelming most countries that have opened their borders to them. Some have started to try and restrain refugees coming in or close their borders completely from refugees. I think Australia has many voice their refugee concerns already on these forums, and whether to shut the border.

What would be the best would let them have their own home that isn't in a horrible ongoing war. Since that's not available there really isn't any good option. Opening borders to any large volume of people will invite crime and instability while the new residents come to terms with their new homes, and their new homes come to terms with their new residents. It doesn't help if the new residents have an ongoing culture that hates the western cultures of most that are opening their borders to them. That's basically the crap hole we're all in.

If they at least welcomed their new homes and their children welcomed their new homes (in any country they relocate to) then the burden would be greatly lessened. There would still be crime and instability, but not to the degree of what many countries are recoiling from after opening their borders.

I can't really say Trump (or any other county's leader) is making the right decision, because as far as I can see there is no easy answer that is the obvious right decision.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Sunday, 15 April 2018 2:11:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

1 That Russia is calling an emergency meeting of the SC would indicate that it is taking the attack seriously. Syria thought that they could get away with using chemical weapons if Russia was protecting it, but now knows that Russia won't lift a finger against the US.

2 No, but who thought they would or even intended to?

3 The action against Syria is not for holding CWs, but for using them against civilians.

4 The use of force sends a message that there is a price for using CWs, just as Obama's failure to do anything sent a message that the world would do nothing. I don't think that the message was lost on Russia either.

5 What has this to do with refugees? In fact, as the war looks like coming to an end the refugee crisis should be grinding to a halt.

RTRD2

"Im no conspiracy theorist but I had this thought" then dream up the wackiest conspiracy theory I've heard in years.

1 For god's sake get spell check.

2 No wonder you hate being called an idiot as it must happen a lot.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 15 April 2018 7:42:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow,

You are talking like Assad and Russia have been proven guilty of recently using CW's as accused, when in reality no evidence has been shown to prove they have.

Think, it's like the false news Iraq had WMD's.

Whatever happened to British Justice, innocent until proven guilty?

Yesterday after the 3 nation missile attack on Syria the US Secretary of State was being interviewed and he didn't even know what type of chemical was (allegedly) used at Douma.

Now today there are camera crews in amongst the 3 nation attack rubble and nobody seems worried or affected by poison chemical residue.

What was attacked, a swimming pool chlorine factory?

I think Putin should go to meet Trump in front of witnesses and live camera so people worldwide can judge who is leading the world into war, perhaps nuclear war.
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 15 April 2018 2:58:57 PM
According to the link listed below -

"The man holding the best cards in Syria is still Russian
President Vladimir Putin. The Russian military is dug
deep in Syria, where years of its support has helped solidify
dictator Bashar Assad's grip on power. In a country where US
policy has been confused and contradictory, Russia has single-
mindedly focused on keeping Assad in power, analysts said,
making any US attack either unnecessarily risky or not
strong enough."

There's more analysis on the link:

http://news.vice.com/en_us/article/kzxk89/putin-has-the-upper-hand-in-syria-and-trumps-team-probably-knows-it

I don't think that Putin will be getting invitations to the
White House any time soon.

With that in mind - I'd like to Thank everyone for their contributions to this discussion. For me at least, it has now run
its course.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 April 2018 3:59:45 PM
Foxy,

The US has a number of bases in Syria in Kurdish held areas. An attack was launched on one of these bases recently by Syrian forces backed by Russian mercenary forces. The attack was obliterated with between 200 and 300 Russians killed, and since then no attacks have occurred on or near the US bases. Russia is heavily invested in Syria and has thousands of soldiers on the ground and has suffered a large number of casualties and the cost of $bns. Noticeably the Russian, Syrian, and Iranian forces have subsequently given the US supported areas a wide berth.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-02-16/russia-attacked-u-s-troops-in-syria

While Russia has the largest force in the area it is also the most exposed, and comparisons can be made to the US in Iraq.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 18 April 2018 9:44:08 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

According to an article in, The Guardian, Apr. 14, 2018,

"There has been speculation before the raid that Russia
might retaliate. However the assumption is that Moscow,
having declared the impact of the raid as minimal, is
unlikely to respond militarily. It could retaliate at a
later date in another part of the world or through a
cyber offensive operation ."

"Russia, as anxious as the UK to avoid escalation, did not
respond to the raid with air defence systems around its own
bases in Syria. The US said it did not target any Russian
built air defence systems and had only hit air defence
systems being operated by Syria."

And the band plays on.

See you on another discussion.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 18 April 2018 11:30:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15