The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ANZAC Day - What does it mean to you, and your Families?

ANZAC Day - What does it mean to you, and your Families?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
G'day to you IS MISE...

I read that citation you kindly provided on Major Peter BADCOE VC, and the words struck a chord with me I must say. They reckon good and true leadership can only be attained by, as the word implies, by 'Leading' & Maj BADCOE was just such a man, a true leader.

Today we seem bereft of great leaders; whether they be military, civil service; government employees, or politicians themselves. They all seem to just poke along, keep their noses clean long enough to pick-up their pensions, and then depart into goodness knows where?

I've said it before, but the last truely honourable politician that I knew was, Ted MACK Independent. He resigned his seat, precisely one day before he was due to pick-up a hefty pension, compliments of the Australian Taxpayer. I've not heard of him since, a very decent human being, is Edward MACK, former MHR.

Thanks Mate.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 11:33:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

Ted MacK was indeed a great politician and an exceptionally honest one.
In some contrast to him in personality was Edward (Ted) St John whose honesty as a politician cost him any prolonged political career.
This obituary, by Michael Kirby (another man of unimpeachable honesty), is well worth reading.
http://oa.anu.edu.au/obituary/st-john-edward-henry-ted-13362
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 2:00:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'll second that Issy, Ted Mack, the independent member for North Sydney was one of the finest and most selfless politicians to sit in the NSW parliament, later moving on to federal politics. Ted's was the only vote in the parliament opposing Australia's involvement in the Gulf War.

Australia could do with a few more like Ted.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 12 April 2018 5:59:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi IS MISE...

Your mention of Michael KIRBY J. '...another man of unimpeachable honesty...' you say?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 12 April 2018 10:55:48 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

Yes, I always found him to be a very honest and forthright person.
Some may deplore his politics and sexual orientation but I found him to be an honourable bloke.
He was a great asset to the High Court.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 12 April 2018 3:17:38 PM
With the greatest respect to you IS MISE, I shall leave you with your opinion. Moreover I'm not sufficiently rich enough, to embrace a Defamation Action; or anything else in Tort.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 12 April 2018 6:07:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy