The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is this a dumb move from QLD ambulances

Is this a dumb move from QLD ambulances

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
In my area, ambulances now have their flashing lights on whenever they are on the road, no siren, obeying the road rules and speed limits, just the flashing lights on.

So one has to wonder if they are not at risk of 'the boy who cried wolf' syndrome, simply because other road users will come to ignore the lights.

Lets face it, whether we like it or not, many of todays drivers drive with either the radio at full bore, or head phones in, so often don't hear sirens, but at least they do eventually see the lights and pull over. In fact, if you speak to an ambo they will often voice their frustration at drivers not hearing/seeing them, costing precious seconds in a life or death emergency. So one has to wonder if this latest change in procedure is going to back fire on them.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 12 March 2018 11:36:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Butch, long time no exchange, how's the chop shop? All I can assume is as a old now defunct poster Leo Dumb Dumb, who seems to have fallen off the redneck forum wagon, did claim us Greens were nothing but Ambulance Chasers. With all our political clout in Queensland we have now got ambo's getting around with their lights on, so we can see where they are heading. Next move is to slow them down to bicycle speed so we can keep up.

Seriously I don't know why.

One of my biggest gripes here in Sydney is the number of drivers getting around with mobile phones stuck in their ear, it seems now to be at epidemic proportions, such an unsafe practice.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 13 March 2018 3:34:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not sure what your point is Paul, but perhaps that's why we don't communicate too much any more.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 13 March 2018 12:59:52 PM
http://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/community-safety/documents/QFES-InfoSheet-LightsSirens.pdf
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 13 March 2018 2:49:11 PM
So Toni, are you suggesting that I'm dreaming?
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 15 March 2018 9:53:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy