The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fuel Pricing Mafia

Fuel Pricing Mafia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
When is somebody going to take some sort of action ( any sort of action) to establish the TRUTH as to why we, the long suffering public are continuously being screwed at the bowsers by this Government sanctioned "Fuel Mafia"?

Here in Queensland, we are paying approximately $1.40 per litre (ULP), yet the TAPIS market price is $59 per barrel!

I am sick to death of hearing these continual wishy, washy urinary deficient excuses offered by every member of this Politico/Fuel Mafia!

Politicians, the whole bloody lot of them, don`t care because they don`t have to pay for fuel,.....in most cases it is paid for by us suckers called conveniently the "Taxpayers"

If this rorting against the public continues at this rate, then by the time Fuel Pricing returns to it`s historical levels, we will be having to pay in the vicinity of $3.80 per litre ($17.10 per IMP Gallon)

Of course the "poor underpaid,overworked" Politicians will say nothing because they are gaining a Revenue Excise Fuel Tax windfall, to bolster the Internal Revenue coffers, ensuring there will be sufficient finances there to fund their next obscene remuneration increase, ( which I believe they are working on now!)......an increase that in most cases is greater than the total Annual Income of the poorer average Australian citizen!

Please give us some truthful answers for a change?

I am sick of hearing people say "You choose to live where you live!" but we cannot all live in the city, and we should NOT be penalized by paying these prices by having to drive much further, simply to buy food to live!
Posted by Crackcup, Saturday, 10 February 2018 8:27:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Crackcup,

The problems that you've raised are apparently
resulting in attempts of
alternatives being developed -
to fuels - such as electric cars, solar power -
and who knows what else is eventually going to appear to power
our vehicles. In sci-fi - dropping a pill in the tank could
drive a car. But of course if successful - the pollies will
then jump onto the bandwagon - until then, as you point out -
we're in trouble.

The way around the current problem I guess is - planning your
purchases of fuel. There are cheaper days for fuel purchases,
try to work closer to home, or live closer to work, or take
public transport. My husband used to travel one and a half
hours to work, until he changed jobs - and then it only took
half an hour. We have to do things to help ourselves, I guess,
because the pollies are not going to do much unless of course
we pressure them - but even then, action rarely happens.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 10 February 2018 3:08:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Guys, nothing will change or happen to our advantage. The scum in Canberra are too busy working out dirty back door deals with their elite mates to give a toss about us.
Never believe what they say. As for petrol prices, Foxy, as you say IF someone comes up with an affordable solution to our energy pricing problems, the govt will quickly work out a way of taxing it. Making it unviable again.
They recently announced that with the advent of electric cars, their income off petrol excise was expected to seriously diminish. Using the excuse that it would be unfair to an owner of a petrol car to be taxed for fuel over an electric car which was not. His solution; to also put a tax on the electric cars. Do you want morons like this running our country? These morons are supposed to be running a large corporation/business, called Australia. This is what we get?
You see the problem is not the collection of revenue, but the spending of it. As long as we get these moronic minorities and their bleeding heart stories we will be spending money in all the wrong directions. Classic point in case, all the billions going to the abo's and their alleged causes, when most of the money is being directed to the pollies and their mates, using these kinds of issues as the medium to dip into the nations piggy bank.
Stop the pollies and their elite mates from doing what they want with OUR money and you will go a long way to getting a fairer system.
You have to understand, the pollies are not there to do our bidding, they are there to extract money from us to facilitate them and their mates.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 10 February 2018 4:37:25 PM
Dear ALTRAV,

It's so depressing.

Where are the leaders we so desperately need?
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 10 February 2018 4:56:12 PM
Foxy, I have studied this question at length, and I may be on to the answer. I believe the people we seek may be on Mars, and that is why we are seeing this sudden push to get to Mars. No? Oh well back to the drawing board.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 10 February 2018 6:00:40 PM
Dear ALTRAV,

Hee, hee.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 11 February 2018 11:24:57 AM
.....and when voting time comes around everyone forgets these daily issues and focus on those presented to them by the media. Such is the marshmellow mind of the Australia voter...like a permanently open steel trap.
You want to toss a spanner into the system?....vote for the independents, and I don't mean the parasite Greens,.... 'cos the independants know that their political future will be based on performance, and not party pre-selection and privileges for the boys...girls.... whatever.
Then if you really want to break the mold, vote for homosexual candidates 'cos whether you like it or not homosexual individuals, on average, tend to have higher ideals and sharper minds that the grubs in there at the moment.......and no I'm not homosexual although I can think of far worse things to be.....like a mediocre citizen of the Commonwealth
Posted by Special Delivery, Sunday, 11 February 2018 12:24:09 PM
Some facts might be of value' here:

Based on ACCC research the petrol price is made up of:

Cost to actually purchase the fuel from refineries: 51% of final price
Government taxes eg fuel excise,GST: 38% of final price
Profit margins and costs to deliver fuel to outlets: 12%

According to the ACCC the petrol companies made 2.2 cents per litre sold. That is pretty much in line with similar countries.

Ask yourself if you're in favour of Australia reducing CO2 emissions. If yes then you should be asking for the price of petrol to be increased.

But I find that people will tend to be completely in favour of reducing emissions as long as someone else pays for it.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 12 February 2018 2:39:28 PM
its called supply/demand. When enough people can't afford petrol it will drop in value. In WA they have fuel watch and grocery watch. A total waste of taxpayer money but it makes some people feel good. If you were in business or selling something you will accept as much as a person is prepared to pay. Government knows it is powerless to determine fuel price unless of course we become like North Korea. The warmist were predicting a decade ago that we would be out of oil and what was left would be 10 dollars plus per litre. Oh well life goes on and pseudo scienctist still get their grants.
Posted by runner, Monday, 12 February 2018 2:48:06 PM
Guys, one thing I have learned in all my years and that is; Where money is involved people will lie. Unlike a lot of other countries Aussies are too well off. Mainly because of mining and unions. The pollies see all this money going towards frivolous and wasteful lifestyles so they reason; These people have to much money so let's take some more off them. The people are too lazy and complacent to give crap so instead of getting together and physically attacking the thieves who are making life hard for them, they turn to the unions to extract more money from the businesses. And of course the govt won't interfere because after all, it means more money they can extract off you again. This is the cycle and it is repeated over and over but the people are all too lazy, stupid and greedy to do anything about it. Don't believe a word they say. For every dollar they take off us, lucky if 20c actually goes to its intended destination. I too would suggest the independents because I want to see the 'club' get a good 'clubbing'. To death if I had my way. I can dream. No I do not suggest voting for the queers, we are already having to see the very things I warned people would happen before they got their way. So just the straight independents is the only way to go.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 12 February 2018 10:33:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy