The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No Quarter Given to an Old Soldier by the ABC

No Quarter Given to an Old Soldier by the ABC

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
and of course Senator Molan could of gone to any country where muslims preside in numbers and found the same behaviour and hatred that he posted. There are literally numerous accounts of rioting, violence, rape, domestic violence that all except our regressives national broadcasters show. To demonise Molan for exposing such ideologies is just another tactic of the left bereft of morals and desperate to hide the truth. Obviously truth exposes their own putried ideologies.
Posted by runner, Monday, 12 February 2018 12:33:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni,

//Other than sharing their propaganda.// JM shared a video that BF shared not the propaganda that BF put with it. The videos themselves are free of bias and propaganda.

//What leads you to the conclusion that I haven't researched them// Nothing. I never claimed that you hadn't.

//Yes, I suspect it was probably unintentional. He should still take responsibility for his mistake.// He never shared their propaganda and has nothing to apologize for.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 12 February 2018 1:16:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//JM shared a video that BF shared not the propaganda that BF put with it.//

Yeah, I don't use facebook and I'm not familiar with the platform.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-05/liberal-senator-jim-molan-shares-anti-muslim-videos/9397246

But the phrase 'shared posts from the group' suggests to me that he shared Britain First propaganda. Because if was they were posts from Britain First, then they were Britain First propaganda. That he shared. Am I missing something here?

//Nothing. I never claimed that you hadn't.//

Really? Because you did say:

//unlike the left I am not given to commentary on parties or institutions without some research.//

And I'm on the left. So therefore the logical conclusion is that you think I am given to commentary on parties or institutions without some research.

It's an erroneous belief in my case - and I suspect it would be an erroneous belief when applied to many on the left, who you happily all lump into one big generalisation.

//He never shared their propaganda and has nothing to apologize for.//

See above. Perhaps I just don't get facebook, but it sounds like he was sharing material Britain First posted. And if that is the case, then he definitely owes the voters an apology and an explanation.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 12 February 2018 7:32:51 PM
Toni,

Let's put this simply. The same material has most likely been shared by thousands or hundreds of thousands of people, with thousands of different reasons. The vast majority of whom have nothing to do with BF. Does JM by sharing this endorse the views of every single person that shared these videos? That is patently ridiculous.

Similarly, your logic is deficient. The statement that cows have 4 legs, cows are mammals, thus all mammals have four legs is the same illogic that you used when claiming that I accused you of not researching BF.

As for the gratuitous commentary of the left, I have seen far too many examples to believe otherwise.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 12 February 2018 8:17:27 PM
Dear Shadow Minister,

You wrote;

“That the hospital was being used as a base for Jihadis means that it was a legitimate target.”

Oh bullshite! Prove it you apologist for war crimes and war criminals.

“A second area where the U.S. has received widespread condemnation for violations is in the complete breakdown of Iraq’s medical infrastructure, coupled by continued attacks on hospitals and other protected medical facilities and equipment. The UN expert human rights body was so shocked at the blatant disregard for the continued military operations against the medical infrastructure in Iraq that it issued Resolution 2005/ 2: Prohibition of military operations directed at medical facilities, transport and personnel entitled to protection during armed conflict. Both the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights and the International Committee of the Red Cross issued strong condemnations following the attacks on Fallujah’s medical infrastructure in November 2004 (88). Attacks on Fallujah’s medical infrastructure was followed by attacks on hospitals in Haditha, Al-Qaim, Tall Afar, Ramadi, prompting a major campaign sponsored by the Brussels Tribunal and many other international groups (89). Because protection of hospitals and medical personnel was the original purpose of the Geneva Conventions, these attacks are also viewed as against the Geneva Conventions themselves.”

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/pdf/war_crimes_iraq_101006.pdf

Both are deemed against the Geneva Convention and thus qualify as War Crimes.

Please try and rise above some inane twaddle to argue the opposite. It might make this a little less tedious.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 12 February 2018 9:22:35 PM
SR,

Name calling, you must be desperate.

Given that the jihadis and Al Qaeda standard modus operandi was to use schools and hospitals as cover for their operatives and you are making the outrageous claims of war crimes, the onus is on you to show that the hospitals were Jihadi free. Good luck with that.

What you provide is a fatuous polemic from a far left whinge organisation, then you deliberately misquote it which is just sad.

Just recently a case opened against the Sri Lankan army who shelled a hospital was dropped because they showed that the rebels were firing artillery at them directly next to the hospital.

Maybe you ought to read the relevant articles in the Convention before spouting such bollocks.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 13 February 2018 6:58:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All