The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No Quarter Given to an Old Soldier by the ABC

No Quarter Given to an Old Soldier by the ABC

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. All
SR,

That the hospital was being used as a base for Jihadis means that it was a legitimate target. The Jihadis that remained were arrested, the patients were moved to other facilities and once the area was secured the hospital opened for genuine civilians and not just for Jihadis.

Is this the best you can do?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 12 February 2018 5:10:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Is a knife racist if held by a KKK member, and righteous if held by Martin Luther King? The answer is that it is the purpose for which it is used is either racist or not.//

Whatever, dude. You obviously just don't have enough common decency to condemn the likes of Britain First if it means you have to agree with people to the left of you, like Piers Morgan.

But no doubt you still consider yourself quite moderate. XD
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 12 February 2018 7:02:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister,

You might like an argument, but you are only encouraging Steeleredux. You are giving him opportunities to continue spewing his vile dogma and make his libelous accusations. People like him never give up. No matter what you say they will keep coming back like a bad smell. Now, while I agree with your point of view and I despise SR and his nonsense, the back and forth is now pointless and tiresome. SR is one of three ratbags on OLO who desperately need an audience for their fringe-dwelling lunacy, and you are playing the game they want to play.

As the instigator of this thread, I am annoyed that 99% of the garbage that has been aired since I started it has NOTHING to do with the topic. It has turned into a pissing contest.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 February 2018 7:43:49 AM
A tip for Steeleredux. If he keeps up with his ignorant rants about 'war crimes', he might find out that hiding behind a nickname might not protect him as he thinks it does. Pedophiles and bullies can be plucked out of the ether; so can he.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 February 2018 8:58:38 AM
Toni,

This is the very time I have heard of Britain First, and as JM has not said or done anything to promote them, they are largely irrelevant, and unlike the left I am not given to commentary on parties or institutions without some research. All I can say is that from initial inquiries they look like the old National Front and generally a nasty piece of work like the British communist party.

However, the link between BF and JM is extremely tenuous and almost certainly unintended. I often repost information that I see on twitter without checking the provenience of the information. The unprovoked attacks by Muslim immigrants is now a fact of life in the EU and people are fully entitled to express their disgust at this state of affairs.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 12 February 2018 11:03:34 AM
//as JM has not said or done anything to promote them//

Other than sharing their propaganda.

//unlike the left I am not given to commentary on parties or institutions without some research.//

What leads you to the conclusion that I haven't researched them? Do you think I just plucked the idea that they're mongrel skinhead thugs rather a British equivalent of One Nation out of thin air?

//they look like the old National Front//

Remarkably so. Given the tendency of far-right groups to schism and form splinter groups, I'd say it's quite likely that some of them are ex-National Front members.

//the link between BF and JM is extremely tenuous and almost certainly unintended.//

Yes, I suspect it was probably unintentional. He should still take responsibility for his mistake. A brief statement from the senator clarifying that he was unaware that he was sharing Britain First propaganda but that now he is aware he realises it was an error to have done so, and repudiating them as violent extremists whose values he does not share, is surely not too hard for him?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 12 February 2018 11:56:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18